America's Next Top Model Cycle 8 (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
America is the most obese country in the world and they get so upset when a plus size girl wants to be a model. NEWSFLASH AMERICA you don't have that many size zero girls left.

You ate them all. You fed them fried cheese and oreo pie and now they're fat.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
It's kinda ironic that alot of girls are becoming too thin and alot of girls are becoming over weight.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Oh my god this season Renee and Jasleene are such whiney little biatches.

Note to both of them- when you model, it is always wise to first pull your head out of your arse.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i liked the girl they got rid of this week :(

boo to sarah. (the short-haired blonde photographer? yeah, her.)
Yeah the alabama girl was sooooo pretty. I thought they would have given her more time to adjust to the real world, and sent home the mail-order bride who can't really understand english. If there's another shoot that requires specific choreography she's gone.

In my heart I wished they sent Renee home. I cannnnnnot stand her.

lexie85

HSC
i couldnt stand samantha's eyebrows (thats the one who got sent off right?) she was such a bogan

although the russian is pretty but yeah cant understand much of whats going on

jasleen omg :O

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
lexie85 said:
i couldnt stand samantha's eyebrows (thats the one who got sent off right?) she was such a bogan

although the russian is pretty but yeah cant understand much of whats going on

jasleen omg :O
I figured when they did her makeover they'd give em a right plucking.

HSC
N/A
Can they hurry up and send the bitch home already? :( (and by bitch, I do mean Renee)

Sad that Samantha's gone but understand why (LOVED her look though). Gobsmacked that they sent Cassandra home... really didn't see that one coming. Like, I understand the chance thing, but wasn't Cassandra more deserving of it? She did take one great photo the week before, and of the two I think she had way more potential. But they did gasp in silence at her photo a lot this week :/

Other notes:

*Natasha's got to go. She's so sweet, but she's clueless. Utterly clueless.

* Renee's got to go. She's a bitch, and she's constantly making up excuses and doing her best to backstab other people in the back. I'm suprised none of the judges have brought it up yet - she rolls her eyes in judging when they compliment a girl she doesn't like. Seriously - if you can't hack that other people are better than you, and that other people WILL compliment others in front of you, and that you MAY actually not be perfect and still have work to do, you're not ready to be a finalist.

* I love Brittney but I'm not sure why. If I saw her on the street, I actually wouldn't think she was all that great, but on film? Wow. She looks like one of those who looses weight on camera!

* Jael rocks, and I wish her all the best. On that note though - I am STUNNED that they re-did Jael's hair. This must be the first time in ANTM history that they screwed things up in terms of concept --> reality. I hope it never happens again - those extensions look painful!

* Felicia (baby Tyra) has got to stop over-plucking those eyebrows!

Last edited:

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
I just think that this cycle there are very few that really stick out. There is nobody who you look at and say YES! She will win. Its a bit disappointing.

Even though Renee is evil, her hair looks fairly awesome. I like a lot of the makeovers. Did you notice most of them involved making the hair thicker and longer? Very few where dramatic cuts.

xx

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
glitterfairy said:
* Renee's got to go. She's a bitch, and she's constantly making up excuses and doing her best to backstab other people in the back. I'm suprised none of the judges have brought it up yet - she rolls her eyes in judging when they compliment a girl she doesn't like. Seriously - if you can't hack that other people are better than you, and that other people WILL compliment others in front of you, and that you MAY actually not be perfect and still have work to do, you're not ready to be a finalist.

* Jael rocks, and I wish her all the best. On that note though - I am STUNNED that they re-did Jael's hair. This must be the first time in ANTM history that they screwed things up in terms of concept --> reality. I hope it never happens again - those extensions look painful!
Yes and yes. Renee whinges and bitches and fails at life. Hopefully she'll decide that she doesn't want to be there and she'll get kicked out! Jael photographs really well, and I felt so sorry for her when she sat there and they stitched the stupid weave to her head only to chop it all off again. They're trying to break her beautiful spirit!!!! (seriously she seems like a lovely person. Unlike Renee who is McBitch) I do understand what they meant, though. All the other girls were getting gorgeous supermodel hair and they realised (a little too late) that Jael's face really needs short hair. They'd be disadvantaging her if they left the weave on.

At the moment Brittany stands out, as she hasn't taken a bad photo yet and she won two challenges. I love the main photo shoot in each episode, the OTT makeup and outfits are awesome.

HSC
N/A
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
I just think that this cycle there are very few that really stick out. There is nobody who you look at and say YES! She will win. Its a bit disappointing.

Even though Renee is evil, her hair looks fairly awesome. I like a lot of the makeovers. Did you notice most of them involved making the hair thicker and longer? Very few where dramatic cuts.

xx
I think that's because with the exception of Renee, most of the girls are ok... they don't really need the chop nor the ego-kick. Hence why Renee got both :D

I agree with you though. But if Jael can start pulling off some stunner photos, she might become the diamond in the rough. Jaslene isn't too bad either, but she's too insecure/borderline bitchy. Sarah might go far, but I'm not a huge fan of hers. And until she went I thought Cassandra might do good as well :(

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I agree with you though. But if Jael can start pulling off some stunner photos, she might become the diamond in the rough. Jaslene isn't too bad either, but she's too insecure/borderline bitchy. Sarah might go far, but I'm not a huge fan of hers. And until she went I thought Cassandra might do good as well :(
I still think Brittany has a fairly good chance as well.

I hate that she has been bitching about her weave though. Yes, we understand that it hurts and itches etc. but bitching about it to everybody BUT the judges is not fun.

Jael mumbles to much though. I think that because every cycle ANTM becomes more and more about a spokesperson/model Jael is being disadvantaged by the way that she speaks.

Although I thought that in Cycle 6 Joanie was and should have won, and Danielle won. It was very intresting considering for the majority of the competition they were criticising the way Danielle spoke.

I am fairly divided so far. Nobody but maybe Brittany has really stepped up yet. It's making me wonder.

xx

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I fucking love the russian mail-order bride.

Judges: "You had no idea what you were doing. You just ignored the character given to you and went for 'pretty'."
RMOB: "Yes, I am very pretty!! Husband call me most beautiful girl in US of america!!!! I luf my husband. He give me good words. Thank you!!!!!"
Judges: "You take everything as a compliment don't you?"
RMOB: "Yes, you compliment me!!!! I thank you!!!! You see I deserve winrar??!!!!"

anyway, Jael is a champ. My favourite out of the bunch.

Last edited:

Heliotrope

HSC
OMG. I kind of hate this show now, but I just have to say something. I can't freaking BELIEVE they got rid of Kathleen first. Are the producers morons or what? Everything that came out of that girl's mouth was comic GOLD.

"They're gonna make me do something with crap... well, not crap, literally..."

"But don't animals fight and kill each other... like, in the woods?"

Kathleen needs to have her own show.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Oh yeah that's right.

Maybe I'm asking too much of reality TV, but wouldn't you think that the hard-core professional hairstylists of the world would get it right every time? Or is it just me? Granted, they've got it right 98% of the time though.

HSC
N/A
This goes completely against what I've said previously, but:

a) Bitch or not, Renee has an awesome, awesome awesome look and is actually quite good at posing. If she was a bit bitchier and a bit more talented she might just become a Jade/Melrose-esque type competitor that gets REALLY far and only looses out to the last minute to someone we actually like.

b) Again, god-awful bitch that she is, I actually agreed with Renee when she was talking about how Natasha couldn't take criticism. There will come a time when someone is trying to suggest a change to better Natasha's career, and she just won't take it at all. Although that's kinda happening now, and it's affecting her chances of winning significantly.

c) I actually liked Natasha this week. Obviously she's a sweet girl at heart and she totally went all out with the shoot this week. Nigel's right about the head thing though... will she take ALL her photos with a tilted head?

d) I'm beginning to think Sarah will win. Which sucks because I still think she has an attitude problem and isn't as grounded as previous winners (not to mention the fact I want Brittney to win). She does take some awesome, awesome shots though...

e) Jaslene still takes awesome pictures but for some reason I'm just so convinced she won't make the top two or even top three or four. I don't really know why.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
I have to agree with you glitterfairy.

Renee is hot. It is undoubtable. She is a bitch. Not a loveable one like Melrose/Jade. She is just kinda evil and snarky but not so much you enjoy her antics. You are also very right in saying that her criticisms are fairly valid. She can see other peoples weak points and that is why she keeps doing better and better. If only Natasha could do that too...

I was pretty upset to see Diana go. She was one of the most beautiful girls in the competition and it was good to see somebody 'real' on the screens in a modelling competition. I think though, if Whitney doesn't step up her game soon she will definitely be out. What a pity. I would really like a full figured model to make it to the final 3.

Jasleen (don't think I spelt it right, sorry guys) is somebody I also have to agree with you about. She's hot, you want her to go far, but in your heart you are fairly certain she won't. Actually, more than FAIRLY certain. If she gets further than the final 5 I will be really surprised.

I really like Brittany and I hope she goes far, she has this awesome presence and beauty about her. She takes amazing shots and I think she will definitely be a model and a successful one at that!

Sarah gives me the SHITS! I wish she would just eat some humble pie and maybe learn that 'Hey, I'm not better than everybody else.' Seriously. I was really annoyed that she took all the credit for what Dionne did. How much tension will there be between those two girls, especially when, as Tyra kept stressing, she is lucky she had those extra frames.

I am kinda getting into Natasha too. I like that she had the ingenuity to think to use the foil as 'grills' so cool!

Jael is doing the 'same old same old' for me. I would like to see her do well, but I think she really needs to step it up.

HSC
N/A
Sarah irks me, but damn, her FACE on film can be AWESOME

Not just in a really good, but that heart-stopping awesomeness that points out a winner. And she's the only one who's doing that kind of thing this season... although they are doing a lot more with lighting in the shoots this cycle so maybe that's why.

I still love Jael, but more as a person than as a model, unfortunately. And agree with you on Whitney. It's been great that we've had two plus-size models in the house but I don't think Whitney has the strength to go it alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)