Amount of 2U content in 3U Mathematics papers (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
Just wondering how much 2U content gets assessed in the 3U trials and HSC?
Thanks

idkkdi

HSC
Just wondering how much 2U content gets assessed in the 3U trials and HSC?
Thanks
3u and 4u kinda different.
2u and 3u are the same things. So 3u is just harder 2u with some extra topics. Not too sure tho don’t quote me.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Most of the stuff assessed in Ext1 is purely from the Ext1 syllabus rather than from the Adv syllabus. However, the Ext1 material will obviously have Adv as assumed knowledge.

Everwinter

HSC
You should expect some 3 unit questions require some methods or formulas from 2 unit as a part of the solution, which the steps that is before or after the 2 unit method are beyond 2 unit course. An example of this is that the equation sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) = 1 is also commonly used in the trigonometry proof of 3 unit course. It is also possible that part (i) is a 2 unit question, then part (ii) is a 3 unit question that requires part (i) to solve. There may also be a few questions that can be solved purely using 2 unit method, however, it is either easier by using 3 unit method, or relatively difficult for most 2 unit students and requires more abstract thinking.

In term of the percentage of 2 unit content in 3 unit paper, I'm not sure and I believe it varies from paper to paper

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)