Amount of Assessments in one week? (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Is there a limit? Can the teachers give us as many assessments as they want in a week?

The past week, l had three assessments, which was nothing compared to a couple of people at my school who had five due last week. Can this happen?

The assessments were given in advance, some bigger than others (percentage wise) and three of my friends had two assessments in one day (which were both tests).

Is this allowed to happen?

Thank you.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Thanks Persephone, this last week has been hard for many.

One of my friends was in tears yesterday because she didn't have time to finish her assessment and it was due in yesterday. She didn't have the time to do it due to all of her other tasks.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Its been tough. I finished last week, and I had about 6 assessments, three of them speeches, another one was a three hour french one (starting at 7.30am!) and the other two writing tasks. I hate how they clump them all up. Its not supposed to be that way, because our school doesn't have an official assessment week

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
All l know is that at our school (l'm not sure if this is the same anywhere else) but if we get a lot of assessments in one week we can ask for them to be moved to a different week if possible (or day)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes i think they can do that, some schools work together to space them out, others don't, it just depends.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
If you have too many assessments in one week, maybe you could talk to the head teacher of the specific subject, and ask them to change the date. A couple of my friends did that and they gave them an extra week, but you have to do that weeks in advance. I didn't know about the "two assessments per day" rule...I had four due yesterday :mad: ...but I guess they covered themselves by saying "you can hand it in any time during week 10"

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
On friday i had 3 assessments that needed to be handed in.
Knowing me i crammed everything and ended up finishing at 3 in the morning.
thank god that's over and now it's the holidays :rolleyes:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Persephone87 said:
I know the limit per day is 2.
Where did you get that from. I've had 3+ in one day before. It's hard to timetable/cater for everyone.

J

jhakka

Do half yearlies and such count for assessments? In which case, some people would have more than five in a week.

olay

HSC
that no more than 2 assessments in a day thing is some strange urban legend.... everyone at my school was under that impression too, except when i went and asked the deputy, he said that it wasn't so... so damn. there goes that theory. i had 3 assessments this tuesday. wasn't as horrible as i expected. :)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
jhakka said:
Do half yearlies and such count for assessments? In which case, some people would have more than five in a week.
what about those who have 2 exams on one day :(

As someone said before, you should discuss it with the head teachers if they clash on the same day. You are to be given at least 2 weeks notice of the assesment task, which is plenty of time for you to discuss it with your teachers. Usually schools schedule all their assesment tasks for the year before the HSC year starts.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
at our school we have that know more than two assements can be due per day, and no more than 1 test per day. it gets really confusing though, as teachers set a test for a day, and then find that the day they picked is already taken, and have to change the task too sometimes weeks later.

although we have lots of fancy rules, they are broken all the time, by both teachers ( and students!)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
The only thing with this last week is, some teachers gave us weeks and weeks in advance, however some only gave us 2 weeks...which they are entilted to do. However, the tecahers who gae them 2 weeks in advance couldn't change the week as we had holidays the week after.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Misturi said:
The only thing with this last week is, some teachers gave us weeks and weeks in advance, however some only gave us 2 weeks...which they are entilted to do. However, the tecahers who gae them 2 weeks in advance couldn't change the week as we had holidays the week after.
true. i find the whole rule that states that teachers have to give you two weeks notice for a task is really annoying, as all my teachers tend to give exactly two weeks notice, like no extra time!

Rory

HSC
Wow, I'd die under that many assesments..I only got given 3 assements to do per subject for the entire year. They're months apart too..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm yeh but the excuse for that is.. u shouldnt be leaving them to the last minute
like i cant really blame doing bad in my maths assessment cuz i spent all night working on my cafs one when i could have prepared/completed them within the 2 weeks that i had them
all my assessments have been spread out this year which is great.. but i have friends at oakhill who had 2-5 assessments in the last week of term..
muahahaha cuz i was on holidays then :D

G

Gavvvvvin

I hate our school. You wont get any assessment tasks to do for months, then over the holidays when you should be studying for your trials and stuff you get like 4 of the fuckers to do. =\

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Deathless - l agree. I have 3 due for the one subject every week after the holidays. One for each week...wat fun. Plus the trials :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)