gna

HSC
how much did the install cost?

did you get deadening?

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
lifestyles are "ok" i guess.
their installs although appear neat and tidy at first really is fairly messy. wires running everywhere and all that

change the way your sub is facing dude, either face it towards the front or towards the back, experiement with it coz it sounds different at all angles
the reason why subs face to the back is that the sound that goes to the front of the car combines with the sound that bounces off the back wall to make it louder. but its not always the same with all cars so thats why u have to try it out yourself

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I shall experiment with the placement but I have to admit the way it is right now, whilst not that good (because the left side's bass seems louder than the right of the car), but it fits in well with the boot in terms of giving me ample boot space whereas if I turn it to face front/rear, I'll have to sacrifice boot space- I know there must be a tradeoff, but I'm still evaluating. But anyway, got a bit of time tomorrow so might experiment.

7th Sign

HSC
u need a punch sub on both corners to make it look finished :D

other then that it looks good man...nice gear...what head unit are you running?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I wanna add a second sub, but I wonder if that'll give me the desired improvement in bass which I'd want... It's hard to explain what I want but it's like, the bass, is there, but it's not as solid as I'd like. In hindsight I regret not getting a P2; but then on the upside, since the amp is rated at nearly 100w rms per channel (nearly double what the spec sheet is), I can probably change to a better subwoofer later on for minimal cost (since already have the casing/installation done).

As for the HU, I'm still using stock. It's way too tightly integrated (both in fitting and with the lock) with the car to change and I'm quite happy with the features (6cd mp3/wma stacker with folder&id3 tag support + steering wheel controls). The cost of replacement would be quite high because I'd also need a new dash (forgot the technical word for replacing that whole area with the slot free for DIN).

7th Sign

HSC
holy shit you wouldnt be able to take that hu out with out some crazy work...

Are you powering your speakers of the amp or the head unit?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Amp + Sub + Install was under $1200 because the amp and sub were on special at Lifestyle when we got it done. Install included all the wiring kits, Alpine line out converter (for the HU's speaker outputs), and subwoofer casing.

Speakers are powered from the HU- no point hooking up the stock ones to the amp since the amp might be too powerful for them. When I upgrade the fronts later on this year I will get them hooked up to the 4ch amp.

Btw in the pictures I posted above (the post with 5 photos), can anyone tell me what the thing in the final (fifth) picture is called? It's the shot from the engine bay and it's at the top of the photo, around the middle- it's clear as well. I don't think it was there before they did the install.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
hmm seremify id hate to say this but i think you got a lil ripped off
2 years ago i got:
2x RF HE subs (equivalent to the P2's now, except maybe a bit better. current RF gear is made in china where it used to be made in USA)
box for subs
RF cables
a sony 4x35wrms amp
an alpine 350wrms monobloc amp
sony mp3 headunit
all for 1850 installed
anyway i got over it all and sold all my gear except my head unit (mp3 yo!)

without seeing your photos, id say its a fuse. because you arent running a capacitor, you might get a surge in voltage from the battery, that fuse is well..a fuse..designed to cut out at certain power ratings and protect all your electronics in your car

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I probably paid a premium for buying from Lifestyle I'm guessing... but oh well, I felt comfortable dealing with them (they seemed very sure of what they were doing) and I was aware that they'd probably charge me more than JB or Stratty would for an equivilent.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
i bought from lifestyles too..maybe you dunno how to bargain? those guys are negotiable

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't really push them since we bought everything during their April Sale- although with that in mind, in the future, I think I'll push them a bit when I negotiate for the install of the P162S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)