Amus ameb piano (1 Viewer)

catho17

HSC
hey guys! i was wondering if you could help me out... I was just wondering if any of you knew if Chopin's Polonaise Op. 40 no.2 in c minor was on the Associate Diploma syllabus? Thanks a lot in advance! :)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
i dont have the newest sylabbus that came out this year, but according to last yr's, no it isnt on the list.
and it likely won't be anyway, since the piano amus syllabus hasnt changed that much.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
you can always ask nicely to see if your allowed to play a different piece

i was allowed to play rachmaninoff's prelude in c sharp minor for (cant remember if it was 8 or amus) exam.....so SOMETIMES they allow you...took a lot of effort though quite a few weeks before they agreed

xxstef

HSC
ive actually never heard of doing that before!

if i were you, i'd just stick tothe sylabbus, its a lot easier. and theres plenty of good pieces to choose from anyway.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
ive actually never heard of doing that before!

if i were you, i'd just stick tothe sylabbus, its a lot easier. and theres plenty of good pieces to choose from anyway.
yeh i didn know it could be done

but then again my teacher was an angry, stubborn, one sided russian women, i dun think many ppl COULD stand up to her lol

catho17

HSC
hey guys are you sure its not on there? the problem is this is the one that i have prepared... that my teacher has given me so i'm really like panicking! :(

catho17

HSC
Hey sorry guys if its REALLY not on the list is Chopin's Nocturne Op 9 No. 1 on the list? i'm sorry guys:)

xxstef

HSC
Hey sorry guys if its REALLY not on the list is Chopin's Nocturne Op 9 No. 1 on the list? i'm sorry guys:)
yes it is. its very popular too.

and yes im pretty sure the other one's not on the old syllabus. you might want to check the new syllabus though.

catho17

HSC
Thanks so much! omgsh i had prepared the other one AGES ago but i guess if this one isn't on the list i'm pretty much screwed... i don't know why my teacher keeps insisting its on the list B of the syllabus...

HSC
arent you allowed to choose a piece if it is near the same level of difficulty?
i remember doig that for my 4th grade piano..i thought you had to choose two
and the examiner picks?

im not really sure though coz i play violin now

xxstef

HSC
and the examiner picks?

yep thats for 'extra lists' from grade 2 - grade 7.

Concerti

HSC
and the examiner picks?

You do that for violin too :)

But you only did one prac exam I believe :haha:

Last edited:

deesmells

HSC
N/A
Yeah, it is on the syllabus. It was one of the songs I was proposing to play for my Amus exam.

-inh-

HSC
hey guys! i was wondering if you could help me out... I was just wondering if any of you knew if Chopin's Polonaise Op. 40 no.2 in c minor was on the Associate Diploma syllabus? Thanks a lot in advance! :)
Hi sorry for late reply...but according to the 2009 syllabus, both Chopin's Polonaise Op.40 No.2 and Nocturne Op.9 No.1 are on the list :)

RBKSoulja

HSC
you can always ask nicely to see if your allowed to play a different piece

i was allowed to play rachmaninoff's prelude in c sharp minor for (cant remember if it was 8 or amus) exam.....so SOMETIMES they allow you...took a lot of effort though quite a few weeks before they agreed
they will let you play it, but it wont count towards your marks in the exam (unless like you said, ask b4hand). so say the standard of your performaces was say, A+, the mark they'll give you would only be B+ cos basically you only played 3 pieces instead of 4 =( happened to my cousin and her friend when they did their eight grade exam. for the associate i dont think theyll let you pass if u do that...i think =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)