An Arts Degree (No Maths) becoming an IBer? How flexible are degrees for careers? (1 Viewer)

Quackersome

HSC
N/A
Or a BSc of Science becoming a politician, diplomat etc...?
Or a BSc of Commerce/Economics becoming an engineer?

Working on the assumption that there is no further study involved.

Is it possible? Or are careers quite firmly fixed on your degree?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Or a BSc of Science becoming a politician, diplomat etc...?
Or a BSc of Commerce/Economics becoming an engineer?

Working on the assumption that there is no further study involved.

Is it possible? Or are careers quite firmly fixed on your degree?
Arts IBer possibly in US with revelant interest, work experience and extra circicullars (few English majors in IB.)

BSc Politician/Diplomat very easy to believe especially if it was an applied area of politics (i.e. Minister for Enviromental having an enviromental degree.)

Comm/Econ becoming an engineer NO WAY possible as you need certification from the Australian Engineers Society to pratice as an engineer and this acreditation is achieved from a degree.

---

Overal if there is a field you need a piece of paper to apply for then you'll have to do the degree (Engineering) otherwise work experience is ALOT more valuable.

Quackersome

HSC
N/A
Arts IBer possibly in US with revelant interest, work experience and extra circicullars (few English majors in IB.)

BSc Politician/Diplomat very easy to believe especially if it was an applied area of politics (i.e. Minister for Enviromental having an enviromental degree.)

Comm/Econ becoming an engineer NO WAY possible as you need certification from the Australian Engineers Society to pratice as an engineer and this acreditation is achieved from a degree.

---

Overal if there is a field you need a piece of paper to apply for then you'll have to do the degree (Engineering) otherwise work experience is ALOT more valuable.
*Sigh*

Cus I regret my uni prefs, I'm thinking of an UWS degree or a BSc of Arts to become someone in finance...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Why not just go for B Comm or B Eco? Both would get you into finance...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)