• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

an atar estimate? (1 Viewer)

_LisaVan

HSC
long time lurker but i'm just curious about an atar estimate since uac applications open soon and i can't wait for someone at my school to do it for me. school (partially selective) was ranked around 100 - 150 last year but it changes every year.

english advanced (3/72) - band 6's normally do go to the top five every year; but considering how poorly some have performed...
english extension 1 (4/20) - no one from the school has scored below an E3
mathematics 2u (5/56) - predicted by the head teach to get 11 band 6's (and he is usually extremely accurate)
pdhpe (1/22) - no band 6's in the school's history but my raw mark is 49/50 thus far and our top 10 is solid; said to be the strongest cohort that has and will pass through this school in pdhpe
biology (25/43) - some brilliant minds obv. i chose the wrong subject. this subject has also seen a drought in band 6's
chemistry (29/47) - no explanation needed -_-'

last year there were about twenty 90+ atar scored out of 123. our cohort is reasonable and i can comfortably say that most of our band 6's do come from maths. i think that is enough information to work from and thanks in advance :)

edit: i'm hoping for a 'comfortable' 90 atar

Last edited:

madharris

HSC
N/A
I reckon low 90s however if you can bring up chemistry and biology from you trials, it will probably be a lot higher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)