An enrolment question (1 Viewer)

victorheaven

HSC
Im currently in Yr 12 and going to study in macquarie uni.
what was the enrolment date last year? since i need to book a flight now (its cheaper now) and whats the latest date to enrol?
Is enrolment rly that important?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
a) Enrolment means you become a student, you can accept via proxy, but you run the risk of going through the hassle of not having a clue about what to do regarding timetables and other official matters.
b) For dates.

victorheaven

HSC
thx...the time hasnt been set yet, has it?
So what period of time will be the best for me to take a long holiday?
(From 5 Nov.-late Feb.)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Who knows, you'll have to find that out for yourself when more information comes out.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
If you make sure you're back early feb that would probably mean then you wont miss the dates since offers come out late Jan, how long were you planning to be away anyway? . You will still need someone on the ball to handle your acceptance of offer, proxy form(if you wont be back in time). Whatever you do be organised and check what the requirements are, you dont want to screw up your enrolment.

victorheaven

HSC
melsc said:
If you make sure you're back early feb that would probably mean then you wont miss the dates since offers come out late Jan, how long were you planning to be away anyway? . You will still need someone on the ball to handle your acceptance of offer, proxy form(if you wont be back in time). Whatever you do be organised and check what the requirements are, you dont want to screw up your enrolment.
My cousin will handle those while im away.
If i enrol via proxy, how can i decide what subjects im gonna do for the first semester?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well thats your problem aint it.

I'd say get familiar with the handbook on the site.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
victorheaven said:
My cousin will handle those while im away.
If i enrol via proxy, how can i decide what subjects im gonna do for the first semester?
Not to be totally unhelpful in my attitude, but I'm amazed at how many simple questions like this get asked on here. Call them, damn it! The uni PAYS people (I'm one of them) to answer questions like this; why should we do it for free?

The short answer: I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head. Call "Student Enquiries" (ph number is on the website).

The long answer:
As of this semester, theu've been doing a lot of things online, and hence you don't need to be on campus anywhere near as much as you did in the past. I believe units for new enrollers are all chosen online, all your HECS stuff is done online, all your details are done online...

But some things are done on campus: I'd call the uni up ("Student Enquiries" are the prople you're wanting to talk to) yourself and ask them. They'll tell you nothing's set in stone and to call back later, but you can find out what you'd need to come in for. Might only be for non-urgent stuff (ie campus card), in which case you can do it later.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Spoonfed high school students, they'll soo learn :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)