AN Idiot's GUIDE to WRITING faster (1 Viewer)

mackdaddy01

HSC
Lol, who told yyou that you can use a laptop. Pretty sure you can't, but hey what ever. I agree with Gem's idea though, makes sense :D :D. Good Luck ladski

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
mackdaddy01 said:
Lol, who told yyou that you can use a laptop. Pretty sure you can't, but hey what ever. I agree with Gem's idea though, makes sense :D :D. Good Luck ladski
Uh you can if you have the special exam provisions - I use a laptop and have since year ten. It just involves a lot of forms and assessments and they provide one for you.

Last edited:
T

Testpilot

B35tY said:
but i figure you just fight through the pain, shake it out after every page and you'll be fine.
Thats what i do.

Its too late to do now, but i trained the muscles in my hand that are used for writing by have a weight on my pen for most of the year. I just hope it equals faster writing with a lighter pen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pugsley

HSC
Umm...isnt it unfair if someone is allowed to use a laptop. I thought they provide you with a scribe who writes what you tell them to. Most people can type so much faster then they can write.

HSC
simplistic said:
wow can u do that?( take a labtop ) if only i was told earlier...
i have the smae problem to but its been with me since b4 ican remmeber (ie ages and ages) unfortunali im duing bio hsc this yr so i have time ti practice 4 essay riting 4 eng
As practice, try not typing in 'text speak.'

maskd

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
As practice, try not typing in 'text speak.'
Haha, too true.

If you want to type of a laptop you really can't type and spell like a retard :)

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
i find writings it easier..., even easier then typing it, because i have to stop and think when im typing, and speakings even worse

Sweet_Karma

[Sweet_Karma]
HSC
i heard if you weigh down the end of your pen, like with an eraser or something while you're writing practice answers your hand would get stronger so when you remove it at the its kinda really easy to write

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Dear god, if I'm still on these forums putting down the class of 07 next year, you have permission to slap me.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i've been practising printing my writing for the last for days of school so i can pick up speed while still being legible.., although i know I'll panic and start do running writing again losing 4-5 marks per paper (like i did in the trials...)
i think it is faster to write in cursive. you run a slight risk of illegibility, but remember hsc markers are accustomed to crap writing. dont take that for granted, but do be aware of it.
also, when writing cursive, as i get more illegible due to speed/tiredness of hand i write bigger which makes it more decipherable.

i suggest using light ballpoint pens -thin tipped with ink you run a risk of smudging - which will make things quite difficult in exam time.

like others have mentioned - refrain from pressing down hard on the paper - it tires ur hand out much quicker!

also - dont do toooo much practise the day before the exam, or your arm will already be sore ;)

that's bout it...

good luck all! :)

boudica

HSC
ha ha ha...i seem to find that i cannot write unless the lid is on the pen (dont ask...) and that i push ridiculously hard and my writing becomes illegible......oh dear
but recently, my wrist and knuckles have been seizing and its really painful, and i cant actually write well at all....which is bad since my essays are already too long.

but the best pens , i find, are those ones from officeworks that u can get like 10 for $2.... they are light, they flow. sure, they're no those "inky" ones where is flows out, but still good...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)