An Opinion on whether picking up Ext. History would be too much (1 Viewer)

Fruits Basket

HSC
Hi!

I was just wondering if picking up Ext. History would be too much work in addition to the following subjects, keeping in mind that I literally have no social life outside of school, no extra responsibilities in terms of school duties e.g. portfolio member and having a study timetable. They are;

English Standard
Religion Unit 1 (compulsory at our school)
Biology
Legal Studies
Modern History
Ancient History

I love reading and comprehending the content is not an issue.

Thanks for any opinions etc.

Last edited:

zarlaya11

HSC
Hello,

I had a similar problem at the start of my year 12 this year. But honestly, you can only make the decision for yourself, It depends on how much you think you will work, how well you can handle stress etc etc...

Considering you are already doing Ancient and Modern, that is a LOT of content. However, you must know that History Ext is not at all content based. The really successful students not only know their information, but can evaluate it. I.e. Develop and support their own opinion. It is different to all my other subjects in that it is so based on the individual - you can personalise pretty much the whole course (in terms of topics).

No one can make the decision for you. I did thre 3unit subects this year and handled it fine, but I worked consistantly through the year and really enjoyed all of them as subjects, not just marks. And you can always pick up history ext and drop it later.

One thing: You will have to think differently (outside the box) in Hist. Ext. Just be aware, and dont be freaked out/overwhelmed at the start.

Hope that helps.

doggieslover

HSC
In light of your subjects it wont be too much, I've seen much worse combinations of subjects, and that is with people with no time and a lot of responsibilities. And they've gone well...
no your problem is this: it doesn't matter what subjects you do Ext. History is a painful experience, and I don't reccommend it. (though I must admit I enjoyed the first half of the year thoroughly. Indeed I'd like to correct myself, Ext. History was awesome to learn, but is going to stuff up my HSC)
However if you think you will enjoy it, go ahead. Don't worry, content wise the subjects you have chosen are not that big a deal. Ext. History has enough content for a 2 unit subject though...

I'm full of contradictions I know,
I think take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)