'analyse the effects of sustained fiscal surpluses on the australian economy.' (1 Viewer)

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
'analyse the effects of sustained fiscal surpluses on the australian economy.' (5 marks)

how am i meant to answer this question?
when it says sustained fiscal surpluses, do i just say how it retires the old debt, accumulate the surplus, depositing it with the reserve bank? but i really can't see the link between budget surplus and the australian economy.

or do i answer how it is the contractionary fiscal policy that creates fiscal surplus, and how a contractionary fiscal stance impact the australian economy??

this question comes from independent 2008.
Thanks

cheese_cheese

HSC
This in part led to the GFC and economic down turn as the government was saving all the money and not investing it into schools, roads, hospitals etc.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
so in this question i am to argue how fiscal surplus is created by contractionary fiscal stance, and how a contractionary fiscal stance lead to economic downturn??? but what about the fiscal surplus itself, is there any impact on the australian economy when the government retires the old debt???

as16

HSC
N/A
reduced CAD using the Twin Deficits Hypothesis where the surplus money can be used to pay off overseas debt and can add to national savings through financing future investment

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
reduced CAD using the Twin Deficits Hypothesis where the surplus money can be used to pay off overseas debt and can add to national savings through financing future investment
but i can't see how they impact on the australian economy though. I mean how is a lower CAD going to impact on the economy? particularly when the cad is reduced because of a decrease in public sector debt.....

as16

HSC
N/A
CAD is a measure of external stability and if the CAD is reduced, its likely to make Australia look better to foreign investors thus leading to greater investment into Australia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)