Analysing a Text (1 Viewer)

munkaii

HSC
If you were given any text and allowed to study it, then told to write an analysis on it.

How would you tackle it? I.e What components would you include in your analysis?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
munkaii said:
If you were given any text and allowed to study it, then told to write an analysis on it.

How would you tackle it? I.e What components would you include in your analysis?
Answer depends on the question.

But as a general rule:
Always check for techniques, highlight certain quotes relating to your module (AOS, MOD A,B,C etc.)

Then, when its time to answer the question, build your hamburger. :D

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Purpose, audience and context are essential aspects to take a look at. Themes, and how these thems are portrayed by the composer through the use of techniques (i.e. linguistic, visual, film etc.). Make sure your response is to the point, demonstrating the effects of the text, no glorification or generalisations, those are looked down upon. Always include quotes to support your argument or thesis and use formal, articulate language to gain marks for originality and creativity. Introductions, as a general rule, should include some backround on the composer and their influences and inspiration on writing such a piece and the conclusion should summarise your analysis. Make sure they both correlate to the question and your body is answering the question throughout. If there is more than one text you are analysing, be sure to synthesise and integrate them in a coherent and structured format to further support the question you are answering. :) Hope it helps

munkaii

HSC
cheers for the help. The question ive got is actually jsut worded as a task. "Analyse given text"

ALSO nick. would theme be more important than purpose if it was a film that is being studied?

Last edited:

munkaii

HSC
If anyone is able to read up on my analysis and provide some feedback it would be great.

I'm not expecting anything ie Band 6!.

Just some general comments of strengths, weaknesses and targets should do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)