Analysing LFR (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
I have already watched Looking for Richard once (just to get a feel of the text and cherish it atleast once) - Now I am planning to watch the docudrama once more - could anyone give me some tips on how I could go about analysing the text, and what I (and everyone on the same page) really need to look out for when analysing this text... Thank you :)

xilbur

HSC
I have already watched Looking for Richard once (just to get a feel of the text and cherish it atleast once) - Now I am planning to watch the docudrama once more - could anyone give me some tips on how I could go about analysing the text, and what I (and everyone on the same page) really need to look out for when analysing this text... Thank you :)
G'day boss,

With KRIII/LFR, you'll find that there are a lot of similarities between the texts, especially with the first and last acts. In my opinion, you should filter out scenes which show contextual differences (that is, differences that pertain to the composer's contemporary audience). For example, you can look at the specific film techniques used in particular scenes to emphasise a particular point, or the slight alteration of some phrases when compared to the play.

Also, try not to fall into a rabbit hole with each scene of the play and the docudrama; the focus should be the RELATIONSHIP between the texts. I think it's really difficult to analyse one scene on its own when answering a MOD A question, so when you have a specific part of the play or docudrama you're interested in, see if you can find the analogous counterpart in the other text (or if it doesn't exist, perhaps try to ask yourself why that's okay).

The most important thing is that you view the texts with your own perspective first before looking to other resources. Especially with the new syllabus, they can literally ask any question, about any scene and about any character. As such, it's much better to have a really good understanding of your own ideas so you can be more confident in suiting them to the question. However, if you'd like a headstart, here's my take on the relationship between the texts:

I've tried to view Shakespeare's original text as very externally influenced, and that Richard's downfall is associated with assumptions and dogmas out of his control. Conversely, Pacino tries to look more internally, attributing Richard's downfall to a struggle with mental health instead.

I hope this helps in some way shape or form!

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
bruh im lowkey dying inside having to watch LFR and read richard III at the same time but at least im making solid progress. hows everyone else going

may22

HSC
Because Mod A will be a comparative essay, don’t just focus on the similarities/differences you see. You have to dig deeper into purpose, context, audience, etc

bruh im lowkey dying inside having to watch LFR and read richard III at the same time but at least im making solid progress. hows everyone else going
Well...already got my assessment notification for it, if that’s answer enough 😅

lmao1010

HSC
Because Mod A will be a comparative essay, don’t just focus on the similarities/differences you see. You have to dig deeper into purpose, context, audience, etc

Well...already got my assessment notification for it, if that’s answer enough 😅
If you don't mind can U say what Ur stimulus is

may22

HSC
If you don't mind can U say what Ur stimulus is
Well, we’ve got 3 practise questions to use, but the actual assessment will be an in-class response to an unseen question

lmao1010

HSC
Well, we’ve got 3 practise questions to use, but the actual assessment will be an in-class response to an unseen question
Just for practice can U send me the 3 practice questions as I have a similar task upcoming

may22

HSC
Just for practice can U send me the 3 practice questions as I have a similar task upcoming
Don’t have the notification with me know but they’re from past HSC papers, Matrix website and AoS website

lmao1010

HSC
Don’t have the notification with me know but they’re from past HSC papers, Matrix website and AoS website
Oh ok thanks, also what's the AoS website don't know if I've seen it or not be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)