Analysis of exam (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
Questions 1-20 (around 5 hard questions)

Question 21 - A bit trickey (not a real content based question)

Questions 22 - A lil bit trickey (some hard points to this question yet also some easy)

Question 23 - Basic questions yet poor wording

Question 24 - Basic questions on communication

Question 25 - Easy question like a clone of our trial was kind of freaky :| only problem a few people had was MICR yet if you knew your points you would have been ok.

Questions 28 - Very basic question like year 10 style.

Overall I would not say the exam was EASY I do think their were some hard points that people are overlooking and as I went through the exam aggain I overlooked aswell.

Although after doing 2001,2002,2003,2004 this paper was like 25% easier to the other's.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe it's not that this test was easy, but rather, instead of testing straight out rehearsal of what was in the syllabus, they wanted to see whether or not we understood concepts & could link it to the scenarios/situations? That's just my guess.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
they always have scenarios though, just look at last years paper

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
My analysis of the IPT HSC 2005 Exam:
Q1-Q20: 7th Sign is right. There were about 5 ambiguous multiple choice questions. A little more lengthy than previous years, which spanned out 12 pages. Apparently teachers believe that IPT is changing to that way, there will be more diagram and thinking questions in multiple choice from now i guess.
Q21: Simple communication questions which were knowledge based- needed to know communication strategies, testing and implementing strategies.
Q22: Not hard either. Simple brief knowledge on normalisation and data redundancy (info sys and databases) would get you over the line.
Q23: The IPT question shift moving it to a more business approach, though advantages and disadvantages questions are only content based. Project management strategies was a hard part, and some students (like me) did not have enough content to write about, and started to make up stuff to cover 5marks.
Q24: Communication integration of technologies. Bound to come up one year, due to the integration of these medias happening in front of our eyes. Not alot of content needed to answer this question.
Q25: Many students struggled to define MICR and an example, but the rest was not that hard. Part (c) another question which required limited content work, a simple opinionated piece at the end of measuring advantages and disadvantages should get me close to 6 marks.
Q28: Not hard, and the integration of media question as part 6 comes up again. Similarly in TPS, an identification of integration of media, than an opinionated piece of issues and implications is what I ended up writing.

Sorry, can't comment on DSS and AMS parts.

steelite

HSC
My personal analysis
Q1-20 I'm not sure whats the last couple of questions but l predict (ifeveryone else is right in the other thread) l got about 3 wrong. I'm quite sure 19 should be d and 20 be b. But l'm happy to wait and see what happens.

Q21- The first question about communication protocol got me confused. I put down ADSL as some sort of comm protocol but l'm sure thats not right as an example.

Q22- Pretty easy normalising the database, simple one to many relationships and primary + foreign keys

Q23- I started writing about the advantages for employees for a second then re read it and found out it was for employers ut lucky l got that one right. Wasted a minutes them thinking of employer advantages. That minute was so crucial.

Q24- Usual basic stuff like privacy, security, changing nature of work and fears of electromagnetic radiation (as said in Heinnimann)

Q26- he last part of DSS was uber hard, couldnt get most of it but hoping for 2 marks But DSS was the hardest of them all for me, spent too long on it

Q28- Straight forward, l thought there was going to be file size calculations and storyboards so l learnt it all but the ABC one was just common sense with some fancy terms.

7th Sign

HSC
19 is deffiantly c mate I stuffed that up big time and choose B for some stupid reason read it wrong....Then I re read it last night and got totally killed because It was deffiantly C :(

dave-o

HSC
why would 20 be b?

the question says the MINIMAL conditions for office systen AND EFTPOS terminal. therefore there are only 3 conditions that match the 2 systems asked and u just pick the system with the least amount of ticks --> C.

7th Sign

HSC
dave-o said:
why would 20 be b?

the question says the MINIMAL conditions for office systen AND EFTPOS terminal. therefore there are only 3 conditions that match the 2 systems asked and u just pick the system with the least amount of ticks --> C.
hmm I dunno

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep- it was a bit of a trick there^^ I remember looking at it going "two possible matches for the system, which one has LESS requirements"

dave-o

HSC
yea i know what u mean.. but for it to be a requirement wouldn't it have to have a tick and not a cross?

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
steelite said:
Q22- Pretty easy normalising the database, simple one to many relationships and primary + foreign keys
ru sure u done the normalisation?..it looks like u are talking about schematic diagrams..1to many and primary keys and stuff...wernt u supposed to arrange the thing into tables..how can u add primary keys and links to that..?

Srixon

HSC
Man it said to put the primary and foreign keys on when u seperated the tables

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)