Analysis toolz (1 Viewer)

Kn1ght_M4r3

Hey guys i need help to get 5 anaylsis tools for my documentation. so far i have story board, algorithm, gantt chart and dunno wat else i can do??

and btw wtf is a story board like i dunno how im supposed to set it out and never seen one b4 for sdd. Anyone can help me out here???

thanx alot.

tieki

Analysis tools as in CASE tools? We have:
- Storyboard
- Gantt chart
- IPO chart
- IPO diagram
- Data dictionary
- Algorithm descriptions (either flowchart or pseudocode form)
- Test data
- Dataflow diagram

There are many others - look up CASE tools in your textbook. Also,a storyboard is a list of screens representing different sections of your program - these are most effective when done as actual small screenshots. Each is connected by arrows to and from the relevant screens - for example, a main menu could have arrows to a variety of other screens.

Hope this helps :)

del

HSC
N/A
structure chart/diagram!

Though its a bit of a pain to do unless u have Visio or a similar program

Kn1ght_M4r3

aight thanx alot del and tieki =0)
although f0r the st0ry board still a little lost hehehe
s0o what if i had like a menu at the top which had FILE EDIT About and etc..
would i have to get arrows showing each individual shot if i was to click on it?
And would i require any written explaination on it?

thanx

sunny

meh.
HSC
Pretty much. From your main window, have arrows coming out of all the navigational elements that take you to another window that link you to that window. A short description would never hurt.

Since this should be done in the designing stage, it will depend on your development process whether to have actual screenshots or have hand drawn diagrams. For RAD or prototyping it would be ok to have screenshorts, but for the full development process it would be better to have hand drawn diagrams since you're not supposed to have touched a computer in the design step of that.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
visio is a program which realli realli helps with analysis tools

im currently using it for my project

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
if they ask in the exam to draw a structure diagram/data flow etc..

how the hell am i gonna get full marks. its soo hard just even remembering what diagram does which

Kn1ght_M4r3

Hey can someone tell me if this is right for my IPO.

INPUT - TCP/IP ,MESSAGE, ALIAS

PROCESS - Takes the TCP/IP and sends a connection request to the TCP/IP address. Concatenate the Message and Alias. It converts them from assembly language to assembly language to allows it to be sent. And converts back to assembly language at the end to display to the recipient .

OUTPUT - Displays Connection Established and underneath that the Alias and Message with it.

Because im not to sure which way they want it.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
describe the program / module u r doing the ipo for first~~

Garick

make sure you do a data flow diagram. They are teh roxor, and if done at the start of project development (cause like, you know, its suppose to be done then) it makes coding a lot easier cause you can easily see what tests have to be done where etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)