• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anatomy - A nightmare~! (2 Viewers)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
depends the only problem wit ours.. is that u fail if u touch them..
and its a real bitch trying to figure if its vein, artery, nerve or lymphatics if it isnt in an open spot..

gd luck if u get them.. actualli in my MCQ we can get anatomy but usualli its pathology but i find them a lil easier..

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
uggh...thats a bit of a bitch taht you cant touch to determin artery and vein.
r u doing med? i guess if you were you are supposed to know by sight. It wouldnt ever be that hard for us i dont think.

roger321

HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
depends the only problem wit ours.. is that u fail if u touch them..
and its a real bitch trying to figure if its vein, artery, nerve or lymphatics if it isnt in an open spot..

gd luck if u get them.. actualli in my MCQ we can get anatomy but usualli its pathology but i find them a lil easier..
cant you usually tell an artery or vein from the colour and the shape of the vessel?
ie artery = more 3D and whitish coloured while veins are flat and have a bluish tinge?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
roger321 said:
cant you usually tell an artery or vein from the colour and the shape of the vessel?
ie artery = more 3D and whitish coloured while veins are flat and have a bluish tinge?
haha no arteries usualli big due to tunica media's smooth muscle.. they are about 3 yrs old.. and preserved.. not many colours realli.. mostly grey.. see colour is dependent on how they drain the body's blood .. cos to be tricky some of them hav had the valves and the veins cleared.. so its not sooo bluish
veins hav bumps indicating valves.. and yeah are flat..

look for wat it connects to.. the big trunk on the left of spine in the abdomen is the IVC and the right is Abdominal Aorta

yeah in med we dun realli do much compared to Anatomy majors but we do it fast..
also its still easier to feel the texture than by look.. i once got done cos the label didnt look lik this pit thing - the forea capitis of the femur head..

roger321

HSC
N/A
yeh but isnt there a obvious colour different between arteries and veins?
also i always thought it was because veins have valves that they get an uneven appearance in their colour (something to do with blood being retain or something? wasnt really paying that much attn ;p)

btw what i meant by more 3D is it retains it shape compare to veins which are flat. but then again my knowledge is restricted to the limbs for now so im 100% sure for the abdomen and thorax.

also cant believe they fail ya just by touching it, i am allowed to feel it, but no tugs or moving of the prosection is allowed =(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha it's funny when in the first lab people think all the arteries are red and the veins are blue and the brain will be pink and basketball sized.

Also, kidney juggling ftw.

roger321

HSC
N/A
u mean bursae aint green and ligaments aren't greyish and stick out atleast 5 cms!!?

*fails*

sharks05

HSC
Anatomy exam for first yr physio: two exams- one theory multiple choice, then one in the labs, spot testing, surface anatomy, blood supply, nerves --you name it.. Nerve supply and muscle attachments are an absolute pain to remember... I'm so gonna forget!!!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
rofl.. yeah.. @ lexi..
yeah.. umm in the abdo.. the larger arteries and veins are a lil tricky.. just from outline.. but using the relative structures.. its pretti easy..

haha physio.. suck crap... tats owned..
to compensate for just the basic attachments we learn.. we do pathology .. tats lik weirder .. try it..

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
the sacrum/lumbar vertebra is connected to the... etc.. etc. etc.

sing along! (i dont do anatomy btw) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)