Ancient Exam (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just hoping the essays i prepared for are 1. Actually there, and, 2. Not in the same section!

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I'm sort of prepared....

Ok, not really. I'll do fine in historical periods if they ask for an essay on the Persian Wars, but if the choices are out of Delian League & Athenian Democracy, I'm screwed :(

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Yes, and no. Looks like I'm gonna fail another exam. Oh well, I never cared about my UAI anyway. Really!

Edit: OMG my post count is 2/3 * the number of the BEAST!

aliasfan

HSC
im prepared for an essay on the julio-claudians, spartan questions on Agoge and govenmnet, reasons for greek victory over the persians and anything on Agrippina

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Im fine for

-Delian League
-The Perisan Wars

-Pompey or Julius Caesar
-The first triumvrate
-Use of Armies for political purposes

And im fine for my personality and ancient society. (Xerxes, and Old kindom egypt)

hipPo3

HSC
im ready for:

- Cleopatra VII (for personalities)
- Sparta
- A.E.O.K
- Unification of A.E

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
awww damn, i just wasted my crazy rant about ancient history in the 'who hates this week' post! oh well, u can never have too much hysteria... I think i am ok 4...wait...nothing. Im very scared, and i agree that unless there is a question on the persian wars, as opposed to delian league or athenian democracy, i will be facing serious problems... but in the past papers there has been, so that is sum consolation! If the cleopatra questions are relatively broad and ambiguous, that would be nice too. :)

Gummy_bear

HSC
Im not really that ready at all, but i figure, i went good in all my other exams, so if i dont do too well in this one, it shouldnt effect me too much.
And plus i didnt plan on doing very well in my trials and i actually went quite well, so its all good. ^^

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you look at the past papers there has been a question on The persian wars in every exam of the new HSC. However they rotate between a general, broad question, and a peronalities focus on the wars (i.e Themistocles' contribution etc) If the pattern remains the same, it'll involve a personality

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
dammit rafy, u just crushed my already-weak spirit! *prays* i hope its themistocles, please let it be themistocles...

aliasfan

HSC
could be miltiades, eurybiades, leonidas or pausanius.... i hope the greek question is very broad... does everyone remember their quotes and sources?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
at least the questions now are so broad. have you seen the old hsc questions? they were heaps hard.

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
i am freaking out so much... i started studying in the holidays but only for the addition society one and yesterday and today i have been highlighting like mad... but i still dont think im ready... alexander and new kingdom should be easy but greek world, if its not on the battles im dead...

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
blackfriday said:
at least the questions now are so broad. have you seen the old hsc questions? they were heaps hard.
That's true; "Assess <name of topic>, 25 marks".

"Ancient History Exam Writer" would be a pretty good job.

As for topics, I'm doing NKE from A3 - R2; and Akhenaten for personality; I've decided to study only Akhenaten and pray to the Aten that there's a question on him in the period.

Society wise I have Minoa and Sparta, and plan on doing the short Q's on Minoa; the whole topic's so ambiguous you can just make up anything (because no one knows) and support it with "pottery found in a palace" and you're sweet.

neafoo

HSC
im worried about new kingdom egypt ahmose - thutmoseIV
guess itll be over soon

Last edited:

julie_jo

kill me

im so not looking forward to this exam 2moz.. im trying to prepare but its juss so hard! arrrghhh!!!
when it is over i shall be ever so happy :)
1 exam left after that! art! wooooooppppp!!
good luck everyone!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)