Ancient History exam too long? (1 Viewer)

Lindethiel

HSC
Everyone at my school thinks this. Out of the two Ancient classes, less than one is ever still there at the end of the exam, everyone else manages to leave early, and these aren't just losers winging it, the crown jewels of both classes were comfortable leaving an hour early.

We literally have enough time to word each sentence individually and still have extra time to spare.

Discuss.

Christi-E

HSC
I completely, and utterly agree.

Seriously. I sat there during the exam for minutes at a time..
I still left a whole half an hour earlier than finish time though, ha!

HSC
people in my year wrote up until the last minute the top 3 people were actually there for ages after the exam, writing their student numbers on every page of their million booklets. personally i finished with about 45 minutes to spare, no stops in between questions.

i don't see what the problem is with the length, i mean you don't HAVE to stay so what's the problem?

Last edited:
HSC
less than one? *raises eyebrow*

my exam had about... 24 people (our class plus some randoms from a tiny school nearby)? and at the end there were probs 6 left...

i finished with 40 minutes to go, which included some rests between sections and leisurely planning of essays. but i stayed, because i went through and edited everything, and also because my mum was coming at 12.30 anyway ha. might as well wait in the a/c instead of the sun, i figured.

but, i must admit, the top few people stayed until the end, except one and she left like 15 minutes before the end.

jamesgmorris

HSC
N/A
ru guys serious? if anything the ancient exam is too short. i could've written for another hour or two. everyone at my school stayed to the end

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
mynamewastaken said:
i finished with 40 minutes to go, which included some rests between sections and leisurely planning of essays.
geez, how much do your write? :S

jarmie

HSC
Wrote right up until the end. Was waiting for about 30 seconds for the exam to finish.
A few people left at 10 30, then no one left after that.

shellz12

HSC
There's six people in my class and I was the only one left for the last 1 1/2 hours. Wrote right up til the last minute, no idea how people can finish so early...

bogdanovs

HSC
99% of people who do ancient history are complete fucking retards.

You won't see the guys who want to get a band six leave early.

silverfiction

HSC
yeah i finished with half an hour to spare =)

but ppl were still writing up until finish time.

i hope i wrote enough... :rolleyes:

SpoonSamba

HSC
i was going mad slow and still left 20minutes early

i prefer when its tight for time cos like it puts pressure on u to think fats, otherwise my mind just wonders about how much pointless knowing all this crap is, its really demotivating.

cottonmouth

HSC
yeah i checked over all my shit.. and got stuck on a question.. and i left.. 15 min early.. so it wasn't really a race to the finish line...

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
what? i finished with ~20 minutes to spare, using 5 booklets 9ish words per line. not too long at all

hobbsy-gal

HSC
jamesgmorris said:
ru guys serious? if anything the ancient exam is too short. i could've written for another hour or two. everyone at my school stayed to the end
Maybe another 30mins would be perfect
then u cod have 10 mins planing time for each exam (not pompeii though of cos)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
finished with about a min and a half to spare so i started filling in my booklets.
one girl left at about 11am, a couple in the last hour, but mostly everyone at my school was there til the end.
i think 3 hours is good for ancient, if anything modern should be like half an hour more, i was so pressed for time during that!

hobbsy-gal

HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
finished with about a min and a half to spare so i started filling in my booklets.
one girl left at about 11am, a couple in the last hour, but mostly everyone at my school was there til the end.
i think 3 hours is good for ancient, if anything modern should be like half an hour more, i was so pressed for time during that!
Same for modern.

s2hurt

HSC
i took the whole 3 hourse and with 45minute left, i was the only one left in there. I took my time taking breaks in between section and looking around at 27 other people i beated in the year to come 2nd place. Its my last exam of high school forever, might as well take the time to reflect what i have worked 13 years towards.

MadamGuilia

HSC
At our school, we DO have to stay, and I finished very early - I zoomed through it and looked over it for about 45 minutes or more seeing if I'd done something wrong it seemed I'd gone through it too quickly. The person who got the top mark in our trial was writing basically up until the last minute, so I'm not too sure.

gw0ng

HSC
yeh i reckon it was far too long, around 10 people left my exam hall lolol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)