Ancient History HISTORIAN Quote List (1 Viewer)

Benjamin

Dear Everyone,

I know its getting late, but lets all support and help eachother in our Ancient History HSC by posting all Historian quotes for all societies. Minoans are a huge problem for me as I cant realy find any non-text book people to quote. Please help!

God Bless!

-Benjamin

p.s

If you can, though its not necisary please post quotes in a format along the lines of:

Society/Personaliy/period

<event/thing commented on/related to><Historian> - <"quote">

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
err.. cant really remember many.. ok hear goes..

Minoan:

Homer: "land amidst the dark wine seas"

Thucydidies: "King Minos rules over what is know known as the hellenic seas, he established colonies and assigned his sons as governer... he rid the seas of pirates" or something...

pendelbury: "it is impossible to know what kind of social order existed " in minoan crete."

Nicholas Platon: He supports the theory that the society was run by women as it was a peaceful society. He speaks of “the influence of female sensitivity” and states Minoan Crete had a higher standard of living compared to other societies of that time.

I think there is a thread on the sources for minoan..

i dont really remember teh rest... i would advice to go through every book for uer related topic and jot down all the quotes.

Benjamin

Good stuff :)

Minoans:

Militant Nature of the Minoans:

Evans/Thucydides- Evans believed the minoans where a peaceful society while Thucydides claimed that the minoans where a "Thalassocracy" which by means of a militantly activity was able to maintain control over the seas of the aegeans.

New Kingdom Egypt:

Manetho refered to the Hyksos "Shepherd Kings"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your responce Da_butterfree, your a legend. All the best with you Ancient History HSC tommorow! remmember.. CRAM!!!!! God bless and good luck every one.

Sorry about the short list of quotes above, they came off the top of my head and I couldent be bothered writing out the thousands of peices of Hatshepsut evidence :) But hey perhaps after the HSC I will do it as a service to the next year. If I get a good enough UAI lol hehehehe.

God Bless you all, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

-Benjamin Graham

Paroissien

HSC
It wasn't really proven, just a lot of doubt thrown on the subject. Seems like nothing about the Minoans can be proven

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)