Ancient History HSC Mark prediction? (1 Viewer)

Jakulore

HSC
So I did my Ancient History half-yearly yesterday and was told my marks by my teacher today.

In the Half yearly I got 46/50 which I was pretty happy with, but I was wondering how people think I would go in the HSC based off of that.

As of this assessment I have moved down into 4th ranking and my average percentage is 93% (I got 88 in first Cities of Vesuvius exam, 100% in Sparta essay and now 92% in Half yearly exam.

My School is ranked around 250 but we are always very strong in Ancient History. Last year we produced 6 Band 6's and 1 State ranking, so what mark do you think I could get/aim for in the HSC if I keep going the way I am going?

RyanT7

HSC
So I did my Ancient History half-yearly yesterday and was told my marks by my teacher today.

In the Half yearly I got 46/50 which I was pretty happy with, but I was wondering how people think I would go in the HSC based off of that.

As of this assessment I have moved down into 4th ranking and my average percentage is 93% (I got 88 in first Cities of Vesuvius exam, 100% in Sparta essay and now 92% in Half yearly exam.

My School is ranked around 250 but we are always very strong in Ancient History. Last year we produced 6 Band 6's and 1 State ranking, so what mark do you think I could get/aim for in the HSC if I keep going the way I am going?
90-95

Fusyy

HSC
If you dont mind me asking, what was your essay question in the half yearly?

Jakulore

HSC
The essay question was to explain the political organisation of Sparta (for the Sparta section) and The impact of Changing Technologies on the interpretations at Pompeii and Herculaneum (Cities of Vesuvius)

StudiousStudent

HSC
The essay question was to explain the political organisation of Sparta (for the Sparta section) and The impact of Changing Technologies on the interpretations at Pompeii and Herculaneum (Cities of Vesuvius)
Do you go to a selective school in the Newcastle region? Because I had that exact same question in my half yearly.

I thought in half yearlies the schools made up their own questions independent of other schools.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realised you have your fantastic results back. My school is notoriously slow getting results back (average of 2 - 3 weeks)

Last edited:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Do you go to a selective school in the Newcastle region? Because I had that exact same question in my half yearly.

I thought in half yearlies the schools made up their own questions independent of other schools.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realised you have your fantastic results back. My school is notoriously slow getting results back (average of 2 - 3 weeks)
haha I know what school you go to ;)

Jakulore

HSC

Yeah I don't go to no selective school. Yeah my teacher marked the people she thought would do the best on the night of and then told us the next morning... I actually lost my marks in a short response question on the agoge because it was asking for "feature of" and I read it wrong and wrote about "role of" with "Evoked, acquired and transmitted"... Ah well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)