Ancient History Textbooks for Sale (1 Viewer)

krissy7685

Sorry i know this isnt the buy/sell thingo but i figured maybe more people would check this sorry sorry :eek:p

Ancient Rome Using Evidence ($20)
(Pamela Bradley)
Ancient Greece Using Evidence ($15)
(Pamela Bradley)
Excel HSC Ancient History ( i have 2) ($15)
(Peter Roberts)
-Get Smart Ancient History ($15)
(Miriam Estenson)

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
Hmm, not meaning to spoil the market - but did you actualy look @ the hsc excel one?

I had a flip thru it - and imo, it's a waste of time - it has about a sentence per dot point, and i didn't find it worked well as a summary either.

What about the others, tho? Is get smart any good? (I know my teacher uses bradley as one of the sources, and that's good).

krissy7685

Bradley is great i quoted bradley as my modern sources... and my exam mark was 96 and my assessment was 80 so yeh.. didnt quite work out as well!!! but i found get smart alot more detailed than excel... the 2002 hsc ancient history exam paper.. the sparta part (the questions) was directly out of the excel book./..

the excel was good for me as like the nite before sorta revision.... bradley was great for quotes and in depth detail... get smart had in depth but the topics werent many.. there were like 2/4 i was doing but it was great.;.. i think i found bradleys and get smart better than excel... but excel isnt bad... hope that sorta answered ur question with a long long response :rolleyes:

olay

HSC
? But Bradley's not quoteable????

krissy7685

bradley is quotable as a modern source but doesnt hold up against plutarch and herodotus etc etc because obviously they are primary sources... bradleys a secondary source but in her books she has quotes from various primary sources that help heaps cos u can quote them

jimmik

HSC
hey im interested in the get smart guide if its still available!

olay

HSC
Originally posted by krissy7685
bradley is quotable as a modern source but doesnt hold up against plutarch and herodotus etc etc because obviously they are primary sources... bradleys a secondary source but in her books she has quotes from various primary sources that help heaps cos u can quote them
yeah the primary sources in bradley are good. but i double checked and bradley definitely should not be quoted. the way i see it... bradley is like a teacher that put together a txt book and so its kinda like quoting your teacher. :D by all means, i'd LOVE to quote bradley. but that would probably get me a big fat zero [well..lots of crossing out anyway!].

grannygrad

HSC
Dear Krissy
I notice you have a Pam Bradleys Ancient Rome Using Evidence for $20 i was wondering if you still had it for sale. IF so are you still interested in selling it? I will check in a few days for your post. Regards Grannygrad.

X

xeuyrawp

Considering she hasn't been on this site in over four years, I'd say your chances are slim. :p

I've got a copy of it, but I use it all the time with students. I'd just borrow it from someone and photocopy it if I was you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)