Ancient Israel anyone..? & Scaling? (1 Viewer)

TooF

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is doing Israel - Jeroboam I to the fall of Samaria.
Its really interesting, and we're using the bible as our main source.. but it doesn't seem like a popular elective. So was just wondering if anyone else did it. And how does ancient history scale anyways? I'm thinking about dropping it - doing 13 units, including Bio, Chem, 4 Maths, 3 English

TRUZ

heey ^fruit^...i think u should drop AH so u can be wit ur buddy AJ in free period....ummm....scaling is scaled down, but not by much....

Plebeian

Scaling for ancient (like most subjects) depends on where you fall in relation to the average.. if you go really well (ie band 6), it won't screw with your marks; otherwise, they go down a tiny bit. The standard deviation is pretty high, I think. Check the SAM aligning and scaling profiles for better info.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
so without a band six, you're likely to fall down a bit?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
such questions regarding scaled should be posted in the UAI/HSC section

pw3d!

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Techie
Scaling for ancient (like most subjects) depends on where you fall in relation to the average.. if you go really well (ie band 6)
um. depending on how many band 6s it makes a difference. like my 94 in bio didn't count, but my chem in 93 did. due to the difference in state averages etc.

Read the whitepapers is probably the best way to understand scaling

TooF

I won't even bother trying to understand scaling. As long as my best subjects count :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)