Ancient or Modern for Year 11? (1 Viewer)

rara92

HSC
pick ancient 4 sureeeee.....modern is so gay n the marking is so hard!!!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
the-derivative said:
I disagree, I've seen the work my friends do for both subjects - and modern owns ancient in my opinion.
dont judge unless you've taken the subjects! they both are awsome.

law

HSC
N/A
I find that ancient is easier to write extended responses for and easier to remember large amounts of information as you don't necessarily have to memorise exact dates. Ancient also allows you to make a lot of your own judgments and put forward a range of theories as in many cases, the truth remains unknown. I find ancient more interesting and it's easier to bs. Anyway, I have a biased opinion as my ancient teacher made the subject interesting and fun whilst modern was completely stuffed because the teacher fell ill and left the class for dead.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I had the same problem and I ended doing both for year 11. I enjoyed Modern History so so so much more. I have learnt so much and become so much smarter I can just feel my brain growing when I am in Modern class. Ancient is so repetitive - well at my school it is. Ancient is probably a bit easier but I am more motivated to study Modern because it is so interesting. Honestly - you learn about how the world works and how it is today. It really educates you. In ancient we learn about a sunken ship that no one knows anything about and so we have to learn all these stupid theories from wacko 'historians'. Take it from someone who did both subjects and CHOOSE MODERN.

ccc123

HSC
Rockyroad said:
I had the same problem and I ended doing both for year 11. I enjoyed Modern History so so so much more. I have learnt so much and become so much smarter I can just feel my brain growing when I am in Modern class. Ancient is so repetitive - well at my school it is. Ancient is probably a bit easier but I am more motivated to study Modern because it is so interesting. Honestly - you learn about how the world works and how it is today. It really educates you. In ancient we learn about a sunken ship that no one knows anything about and so we have to learn all these stupid theories from wacko 'historians'. Take it from someone who did both subjects and CHOOSE MODERN.
Itrs down to personal preference, but I agree. Modern is more relevant to understanding how we got where we are today. I loveeee Modern lol-Germany is my favourite :)

benn07

HSC
Modern - the way i see it, modern is more relevant, as it relates history back to today, whereas ancient is more content based i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)