Ancient Papers (1 Viewer)

herbsby

Hey!
I have the Catholic trial paper, but was wondering if anyone had the independent paper or any other paper - even half yearlys.
I am doing
-Akhenaten
-New Kingdom Eyptian Society
-Amenhotep III - Ramesses II
-Augustus & the Julio Claudians

Thankyou heaps!
:)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Here's one which I think is the independant paper (I'm not completely sure, but I know its a bought paper)

Q2
a) Briefly describe Akhenaten's devotion to the Aten. (5 marks)
b) Explain the significance of Akhenaten's relationship with Nefertiti. (8 marks)
c) Assess ancient and modern interpretations of Akhenaten. (12 marks)

Q15
a) Name TWO roles of officials in the Ramesside period. (2 marks)
b) What is an obelisk ? (2 marks)
c) Describe the main features of the Temple of Karnak. (5 marks)
d) Outline the structure of government in Ramesside times. (6 marks)
e) With reference to source3 and other evidence you have studied, explain the significane of the god Amun in Ramesside society. (10 marks)

Q29 (25 marks)
a) Assess the significane of the building program of Amenhotep III
OR
b) Assess the significance of the establishment of new capitals at Akhetaten and Per-Ramesses during this period.

Q 42 (25 marks)
a) Explain the methods used by Augustus to promote his image as princeps.
OR
b) Analyse the relationship between Tiberius and the Senate in this period.

Q48 (25 marks)
a) Explain the political and military reforms of Horemheb.
OR
b) Explain how the early Ramesside kings setablished and consolidated the 19th Dynasty.

Q61 (25 marks)
a) Assess the extent to which Augustus brought peace and prosperity to the Roman world.
OR
b) Assess the significance and contribution of EITHER Livia OR Messalina in this period.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
sorry, I cant get the pic of source 3 to work. But the description under the picture reads "Scene from the Hypostyle Hall in the Temple of Karnak showing Ramesses II making a food offering to Amun." I hope that helps.

herbsby

Hey - does anyone have the 2001 Independent Trial? if so - my options are above. Would be a great help
and i have 2001 Catholic if anyone wants those q's.
:)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
can I get a copy of the questions from the 2001 & 2002 trials? my options are:
spartan society
Greece 500-440
Augustus & the Julio-claudians
Agrippina II
thanx :)

herbsby

Hey
2002 Catholic trial
Agrippina II -
a) briefly describe agrippinas personal background
b)Explain Agrippinas relations with senators & imperial freedom
c)With references to sources, assess diff. interpretations of Agrippina

Spartan Society
a) Name 2 social groups in Sparta 2
B) What were 2 priveleges of spartan kings 2
c)Describe 1 spartan festival
d) Outline the importance of land ownership in sparta
e) wif reference to source 9 & others, descuss the importance of Lycurgus to Spartan Society

Greece 500-440
a) Analyse the contributions of the Miltiades & Cimon to the successes of Athens in this period
b) Assess the role campaings against Persia & revolts played in the 'Delian League'
c) Explain the successes of the Greeks against persia during 480'479BC
d) Explain the nature & activities of Peloponnesian League

Aug & Julio
a) Analyse the Constitutional Developments of Aug
b) Assess the significance of Military reforms during this period
c) Explain problems of succession during reigns of Aug & JC
d) Explain how the Roman empire was expanded & consolidated during JC period

There you go!
hope that helps....
hey how u going for Aug & JC? are you finding it EXTREMELY difficult to know it all in depth?
Do you think itd be too much of a gamble to just do heaps for Aug, eg know EVERYTHING bout him, know Tiberius & the Senate, & women.... coz they're my guesses, they havent asked those in Spec & 2001 ,but they came up HEAPS be4 that in other HSC....
hm......
???

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Thanx 4 that :D I dunno bout A & JC though, I havent spent as much time as I wanted on A & JC, but Im starting 2morrow. Ive spent most of my time on the persian wars. At least I know thats my good topic. should study more though....
but yeah, Im going 2 do Augustus heaps, the senate, and frontier policies 4 the other emperors. I reckon u should do some other topics at least half decently in case the question in one of the sections is really bad and you get left with something really obscure in the other section like the livia & messalina one from the independant trial.

I know this is a bit irrelevant, but I thought it was funny. The other day I was reading a magazine and it had a list of the top 4 bonkers in history. number 1 was Julia, Augustus' daughter, and number 3 was messalina. I think Ive been doing ancient 2 long, cause I actually know who they were and what they did. :uhoh: :p

Sarah J

HSC
lol. Was that i B Magazine? I remember reading that, and thinking the exact same thing. :D

Just seeing those questions from the independant trial, I'm freaking out- I would never have been able to do those questions!!

Do you also have the sparta and Mycenaean questions?

stressed02

ok... serious question...
i haven't done much work at all for ancient since the trials, i have finished detailed notes for 2 societies, about 2/3 of a personality and about 1/2 a historical period, am i royaly screwed if i only have 4 days to study for ancient because of other exams?? :(

Jellymonsta

if you wont have time to make notes, try studying right out of the textbooks or steal someone elses notes.
also depends how you do your notes... my AH notes are 8 pages long in total :) ...

stressed02

oh my gosh!! does that work for you, you must have a good memory!?

mine are about 300 pages long... i'm thinking of writing a book LOL except there'd be a slight problem of plaguerism i'd say...

Jellymonsta

it kinda works and it kinda doesnt. but i know that notes the size that your talking about dont help me at all. i kept up with the course, so my 8 pages basically just lists evidence, themes and references. it is more of a reminder than anything else. ill tell you how well it works in a couple of weeks :)
and you could just sell your notes to the next batch of y12... :D

mannnnndy

chocoholic
It was from B magazine Sarah :D, well here are the questions.

Q20
a) Name two Mycanaean citadels
b)What is meant by megaron?
c) Describe the main features of Mycenaean art
d) Outline one significant myth or legend associated with the Mycaeans
e) With reference to source 8 and other evidence explain the social structure of Mycenaean society

My scanner's not working, but the pic is of a wall painting of two women in a chariot

Q21
a)Name the two royal families of Sparta
b) What is meant by the term ephor?
c) Describe the role of the Apella in Spartan government
d) Outline the main features of one significant festival in spartan society.
e) With reference to source 9 and other evidence, explain the importance of the military way of life in Spartan society.

Source 9
"Of those who died at Thermopylae glorious is the fortune, beautiful the fate; for a tomb they have an altar, for lamentation remeberance, for pity praise. Their memorial neither mould nor all-conquering death can tarnish. This shrine of brave men had for guardian the honour of Hellas; witness too is Leonidas, Sparta's king, who has left behind a great model of excellence and everlasting fame." - Dirge composed by Simonides of Ceos

Sarah J

HSC
d) Outline one significant myth or legend associated with the Mycaeans
OH MY GOD!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I will MURDER my teacher. Well, I would if we had this exam this year. He decided that this was an unimportant part of the syllabus, so we could do our own research for it. Thing is, no textbook I've found has anything on it! Funny that.

Do you think it's kind of certain that the questions from last year won't be on this exam?

-Chump-

Hey Sarah J

Hey Sarah i just gotta complement ya on the pic......
where'd ya get it from??
anyways its a mad little pic :D

-Chump-

Hey Sarah J

Hey Sarah i just gotta complement ya on the pic......
where'd ya get it from??
anyways its a mad little pic :D

Sarah J

HSC
you mean my avatar?

lol. Isn't she a funky little thang?!

I stole her off someone from another forum. :devil:

Sarah J

HSC
you go to your user cp, then go to profile, or something like that. play around with the button until you come to the avatar section. then you can upload a pic from your comp or hosted on the net.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)