• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ancient, Sparta,Fall of Roman republic, Caesar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loulou123

Swap notes anyone.

I got heaps good notes on Sparta all the points answered from syllabus,plus analysis of sources, trade, and extexted response on spartan art.

On fall of Roman republic, i need Syllabus notes, mine are bad!But ive got good essays on Pompey and violence in the roman republic!!

Im also after Notes on Caesar as a personality study.

Please email,msn me.
Thanx

Magister

HSC
N/A
Ancient History notes on HSC topics

Hi!

I have extensive notes on these topics and would be glad to make them available to you. If you could let me know what you specifically need, I'll dig out my teaching notes and resources and send you stuff that might be useful to you.

I look forward to your reply.

Best wishes,

Magister

incubuskid

our teacher got sick the other wk and wont b back 4 da rst of d yr. rlly nd the notes on sparta. wuld b mch appreciatd.

Magister

HSC
N/A
Dear incubuskid,

I have lots of stuff on Sparta as I've been teaching about it for years. If you could email me with your address details (either electronic or postal) I'll send you off some notes and study guides and articles. Do you want any help with exam technique etc? I could also compile a CD with assorted material if you prefer, and if you could make some sort of negotiated payment, I'll go ahead with getting it all together.

Looking forward to your reply'
,Magister.

benpearce2002

HSC
the notes on the fall of the republic would be awesome to get, please send them to this address, i am willing to swap any notes, i have done Minoans, Rome in the time of Cicero, Julius Caesar, and fall of the republic.................b_pearce_2000@hotmail.com

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
hey.. notes on fall of roman republic wud be gr8!!
my teacher has hardly done nething.. and is always away!! its pathetic.. the terms almost ended.. and we've done jack!!
and now i've been loaded with assignments and 4 history, its on ceaser... due in a week and a half!! got it yesterday!!!
i've got heaps on sparta.. but lots irrelevant.. and a fair bit on minoan too...

my e-mail addy is..
da_butterfree@hotmail.com

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Just a bit of advice, about the internet and ancient history.

It is not wise to put your email addresses in a forum, as there are programs which routinely scan forms looking for email addresses to spam. If you are going to put an email adress on the internet, use something like:

teef (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Secondly, about ancient history... it is not well to actually borrow other's notes and use them as such, but far better for you to develop your own thoughts, opinions and arguements. And then after you have developed those, to have a discussion with others of your own level or above to further enhance them.

jimmik

HSC
um would anyone happen to have any info on spartan government? more specifically, i'd like resources to answer an extended response essay: "explain the opportunities spartan citizens had to participate in political life?" apart from the assembly, gerousia, kings and ephors, wat else IS there? and how do these things show the opportunities to participate in political life?

brunette

HSC
that question is broad!!!

its asking about opportunity so can talk about how it was the helots and periokoi who developed economically allowing spartans to devote all their free time to the government and military enterprises
you can talk about the kleros, lycurgus etc.... basically everything as their whole life was structured and controlled in order for them to be able to participate in the political arena

hope that helps :)

jimmik

HSC
yeh its so broad huh? so harddd! >.<
can u explain the part about the helots and perioikoi in a lil more detail plz? im not quite sure how that shows political opportunities. thnkks alot

brunette

HSC
the periokoi and the helots were pretty much the wheels of the economy...they took part in agriculture and developed in arts...they pretty much supplied the spartiates with their food

for example a helots who worked on a spartiates kleros had to give have of the produce to his master
this saved considerable time for the spartaites as they didnt have to concern themselves with the well being of their economy..

also the fact that lycurgus gave them kleros to work with meant that once againt the spartaites didnt have to conern themselves with anything other than military training and later in their life politics

thats a broad explaniation but if u look in your textbook it will explain it better

in one sentance...through the existance of periokoi and helots in the community, they contributed to the well being of the economy and the spartaites as their labour freed up time for the spartaites to particpate in politics which was restircted to the wealthy class in other societies

do u get it now??? like in other sociteies people had to provide food for themselves and other basics in life..in the spartan society the citizens jsut sat back and took part in politics as everything was provided for them

lilone

fall of the roman republic

o dear,
rily rily rily need notes on the fall of the roman republic. assessable due first week back after the holidays and the teacher hasnt started this topic, 1/4 of our assessable is on this topic tho! argh...
any notes on this topic in particular pompey, caesar, crassus, role of the senate, the army and the individual anyone??

cheekysmiles@hotmail.com

Magister

HSC
N/A
Re Roman Republic notes

Hi!

I tried to send you an email with attachments, but your account is full and won't aacept the message. If you free up some space, I'll try again tonight.

Good luck,

Magister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)