Ancient Trial Results (1 Viewer)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i got 48.5/75 so far they are still marking one of my sections and i was damn happy with that... till i came here :( i don't know how u guys do it ... oh well i just face the fact that i am destined to fail ancient.. and rely on other subjects to pick me up

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
hay, dont worry mizz_smee, most of us r failing too! and smoe schools mark much harder than others do. look at mine - i got docked 8 pts for repeating once that Pompey and Caesar both had great individual wealth and power etc. (triumvirate essay) and saying "fighting in the streets" coz i didnt want to repeat "urban violence" again...just try 2 tell me THAT isnt unfair as all hell! anyway, most of us wouldnt have done the same trials probably, so its kinda hard to compare.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
Moogle140 said:
I got 98% as well, came first in the grade. Second was 93%.
Overall i'm comming first in ancient. WOOT!!!
i got 98% too :D
haha i love ancient

Scotty Mate

Ancient Trial

I got 100% on what I believe was the Catholic trial which placed me equal first for the trial and equal second in ancient history overall in my class.

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
i got 82% i totally bullshit my way thru the last section in which i did the augustus and the julio-claudians and like got 23/25 and i was like okies thats weird! but totally unexpected mark i thought i actually failed, i'm so happy i think did good in ancient history compared with other subjects i think!

Plebeian

Scotty Mate said:
I got 100% on what I believe was the Catholic trial which placed me equal first for the trial and equal second in ancient history overall in my class.
Good effort; if you can get 100% in your trial, why are you only ranked second? Was it marked a little easy? I'd imagine two people who can top the state (technically, if you can get 100%, that's what you can do) being in the same class is pretty rare. Well done anyway though!

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
LOL i got 72% and that was third in the year (we have two classes) weird hay. low marks!

Then again, our trials were last term (our skool has some weird system thingy) and therefore we had only just started our fourth topic Mycenae and everyone bombed out majorly on that question... which is pretty stupid really hay, i mean how we supposed to answer a question that we only had a superficial (at best) understanding of? No wonder the top mark for our year was only in the 80's...

onlyone_jen

i did really bad 4 da trials
my school does good at ancient so like 3 ppl are on like 99...
i got 82... prob makes me last...
didn't study.. should have studied...
need 2 do really well 4 da HSC

Last edited:

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
onlyone_jen said:
i did really bad 4 da trials
my school does good at ancient so like 3 ppl are on like 99...
i got 82... prob makes me last...
didn't study.. should have studied...
need 2 do really well 4 da HSC
meh, dont worry - u got 82 without study, thats prtty damn good i feel. so, you'll do even better in HSC exam, and if you've got lots of people in your class who do well then you'll all do well when they consider ur collective mark! so itll all be fine! :)

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
hmm...got 90%, 3rd in grade
stupid me and leaving things in the last minute...but i have an excuse = i had to do 9 written exams in 2 weeks

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i got 62.5% which i am stocked with.. coz in yr 11 i was lucky to just pass!
so that means i did every test and got more then 50% i am 15/85 overall
and my exam rank was about 9/85.
the highest mark at our school was about 82%
so that makes me feel better about my result.

vicksta

HSC
I got 95%, whcih i was damn happy with, seeing as I almost fainted in the exam when i thought i didnt know anything about Greece!!! I topped the grade for the trials, but i got beaten overall by one damn mark!!! Dont you hate those quiet achievers who beat you by the tiniest bit!!!!

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Well let's just say that in the teachers comment section there was the wordd "dissapointed" in it... and not in the "Sarah did very well and don't be dissapointed..." way...

MrGermanMan

Kaiser
HSC
Joke marking

Look I am going to be a true arsehole. It sounds to me like a lto of dodgy marking is going on here, I sight in the ancient history resoruces an essay written by one Chris Gilbert, on why the greeks won against Persia. Firstly he got 25/25, what a joke, if my teacher had marked it, it would ahve got less than 20 easily. he uses no modern sources, craps on about herodotus's unreliability(for about half a page which detracts from the question) and he just retelle story with a little bit of judgment making every known and again. An absolute joke, minimum I would use is naturally Herodotus and thucydides, but also Bury, Bury and Meiggs, hammond, and ehrenberg. My favourtie is Bury. Therefore for all u idiots, just retelling and not using many mdoern sources, i say u may get a decent makr, but u won't cut it in uni if u keep that up, so use bloody more modern than ancient. What is more ironic is that he discussed the problem with herodotus, eyt his whole essay was basically herodotus, what a fuckwit

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
MrGermanMan said:
Look I am going to be a true arsehole. It sounds to me like a lto of dodgy marking is going on here, I sight in the ancient history resoruces an essay written by one Chris Gilbert, on why the greeks won against Persia. Firstly he got 25/25, what a joke, if my teacher had marked it, it would ahve got less than 20 easily. he uses no modern sources, craps on about herodotus's unreliability(for about half a page which detracts from the question) and he just retelle story with a little bit of judgment making every known and again. An absolute joke, minimum I would use is naturally Herodotus and thucydides, but also Bury, Bury and Meiggs, hammond, and ehrenberg. My favourtie is Bury. Therefore for all u idiots, just retelling and not using many mdoern sources, i say u may get a decent makr, but u won't cut it in uni if u keep that up, so use bloody more modern than ancient. What is more ironic is that he discussed the problem with herodotus, eyt his whole essay was basically herodotus, what a fuckwit
his essay is pretty good. it's in the RESOURCES section, which means yes, it's a resource. I don't think it's right to bag out his work, when he has gone to a lot of trouble to scan it put it up here whatever. not many ppl r willing to post their notes up. all teachers mark different. if it worked for him (and others) to not use many sources, then so be it. you gotta play the system.

he discussed the prob. of herodotus, because there is such a major bias in his accounts. and :. even though he has HAD to use herodotus (basically one of the only surviving ancient sources) he also discusses his unreliability. which i think is a great point to put in your argument.

that's pretty tough calling him a fuckwit. :uhhuh:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MrGermanMan said:
Mate, please keep the swearing and profanities down.

You post an essay up and let me critically evaluate your essay as a uni student and lets call it even yes ?

Consider this your first warning. You want to criticise him, go ahead, but please dont resort to petty name calling, it helps no one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)