Should Andrew Johns still be considered a league immortal

• Yes

Votes: 61 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 29.1%

• Total voters

***mike***

HSC
Should he still be considered a league great after his drug debarcle?

i reckon he should because i was like his biggest fan, and still am for that matter, but i think that there is also an argument for the negative side cos just think. kids are told that drugs screw ur life big time and that they are bad and everything. which is perfectly true, but then you find out that johns has been takin drugs for 10 years... just imagine what the kids say, look that guy took drugs, but he turned out to be the greatest league player of all time...

this is not good, should he still be put up there as a league immortal?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
He should be surrounded by a bed of daffodils and hung whilst a sweet irish melody plays in the background.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
not everyone is perfect and seriously you cant judge a person by his "dark" past or crazy teenage years.. yeh hes made a bunch of bad decisions on the past but at least he is facing up to it now .. better late then never !

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
he should be allowed to do whatever the fuck he wants away from rugby league

i just wish anti drug faggots would fuck back off to their caves

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
he's someone the youngsters should look up to whilst he was still playing - not after he's retired. he is just as a human as anyone else, why does he have to put up with all these rubbish? when will he ever be able to live life like a normal person? i thought retirement was meant to give him that opportunity, but obviously the media is obsessed with bringing down the stars.

after all, the youngsters can learn the courageous side of him. he could have easily brushed it off his shoulders by saying that was the first time. however, he has chosen to confess the dark side of his past and by that, is no mean feat. he knows all his achievements will be under scrutiny and there will be debates, ones like these, will live with him for the rest of his life. that IS courage, especially the fact that he is a proud male.

johns to be an Immortal.

HSC
You mean E-mortal... right? Or Immoral? :p

I feel as though there are several other players, who have not made these kinds of stupid lifestyle choices, (or been caught out making these stupid decisions yet), who deserve to be an Immortal before Joe-E does.

HSC
Freddy Fittler. Of course, that is from a biased Roosters supporter perspective, but I'm sure a few supporters from other clubs would agree that Freddy should be the next Immortal. I mean, even Sonny Bill Williams was quoted as saying he thought Freddy should be the next Immortal (that was earlier on this year.)

I mean, Joey's 30-something years old, isn't he past the experimental stage? He knows that he's a role model, and although I'll never have to deal with the supposed "pressure" that he has had to deal for the past 12 or so years, for being such a talented rugby league player, drugs are never the answer, which I guess it what it comes down to.

edit: Actually, I got it from the Herald.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
do you really want to start comparing the stats between fittler and johns? you're embarassing fittler honey, so stop there.

this is not about who gets the next Immortal status, it is a thread entitled 'andrew johns' and a poll asking about his qualification to be an Immortal. i am all for fittler to be an Immortal, he is a great player and i am a big fan of his. but you have to ask yourself, is fittler a once a generation genius, or johns? if fittler is qualified, where does that leave lockyer? you can't tell me they are not in the same league.

anyway, i will ask again, would you change your opinion of johns if he didn't tell you he took drugs?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
so what if he took drugs....its not like he took them to enhance his performance
you should at least give him credit for coming out and being brutally honest....plus several personnel knew that he had a drug problem, but did nothing about it, so he cant take all the blame.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
^^^recreational drugs can be used as performance enhancing technically, as they allow players who use them to have the benefits equal to or greater then of alcohol, without the issue of increasing weight and fat. this mean players who follow the rules and simply drink have the onus of maintaining their body weight and muscle if they want to, while drug users dont.

i understand its pretty weak argument, but is generally why recreational drugs are treated the same as performance enhancing by governing bodies.

but its pills, who cares, he can do what he wants in his spare time. any child young enough to view a RUGBY League player as a role model wont understand the situation completely anyway. and any teenager who is inclined to do drugs because andrew johns did, would have been persuaded in another way anyway growing up.

mr_brightside

HSC
I luv andrew jons but now he does drugs ima get my crunk on wif da pingers and meth!

lets get dis party started aiiight? no wat im sayiinnn?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Freddy Fittler. Of course, that is from a biased Roosters supporter perspective, but I'm sure a few supporters from other clubs would agree that Freddy should be the next Immortal. I mean, even Sonny Bill Williams was quoted as saying he thought Freddy should be the next Immortal (that was earlier on this year.)

I mean, Joey's 30-something years old, isn't he past the experimental stage? He knows that he's a role model, and although I'll never have to deal with the supposed "pressure" that he has had to deal for the past 12 or so years, for being such a talented rugby league player, drugs are never the answer, which I guess it what it comes down to.

edit: Actually, I got it from the Herald.
You don't think Fittler does coke too?

mr_brightside

HSC
wuddie said:
nigger you need to calm the fk down, there's no party here, shit!
shittttt brudaaah, don't be fuckin with me FUCK

let's get dis shit startd!

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
What a disgusting person he really is. I hope they retrospectively strip all his sporting awards granted to him because he was after all a druggie! Anyone can excel in sports if they use drugs like him. Even a beggar on the step of town Hall deserve more respect than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)