Angry (1 Viewer)

HSC
the other day i got my english extension exam mark back; i admit it was crappy (15/25) but based on that mark my teacher said it was a good idea that i dropped english extension for year 12. However, through year 11, in every assessment task i have gone well, on average getting around 18/20.
At the time, i hadn't gotten my advanced english mark back, but she thought it may be advisable that i move down to standard english for year 12 as well. Since then, i have learnt i got 85% in the exam...
i don't think she had the right to say that to me (me dropping adv. english) based on my extension mark and comments she heard from the adv. teachers saying that everybody didn't pass.
....sorry; just wanted to rant...
:burn:

tennille

HSC
Most of your marks are excellent. If you feel that you are going well, which indeed it looks like you are aside from that one English Extension exam, then you should keep both English subjects.

steff167

HSC
Oh gosh dont drop extension english!! at my school there is 2 ext classes and the average is that sort of mark. Your English Advanced mark is excellent, why the teacher would tell you to drop is beyond me. We get told to move classes on our ranks not our marks. The thing is they cant make you drop anything. Standard is really different to advanced english only the students which are really struggling with advanced take it at my school. So definatly dont drop to standard. Wish u well and tell your teacher where to shove it.

HSC
thanx!
I'm not going to drop extension eng and not moving down to standard. I will see how i go in extension next term however, my exam mark has ranked me in the bottom 2 of the class (which is 8 people).
What pissed me off is that she thought she was helping me by saying all that crap. She thinks she's got every right to say it coz shes the english head teacher.

cliffary

HSC
I know what you mean. I have a teacher who scoffs and fully points out that a particular person should drop down to standard - not personally though. But that person who is being picked on is continuing on as Advance - so I've heard anyways.

Good on you for keeping it =]

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
The deputy principal at my school teaches English and has called people snobs for not wanting to move down to Standard.

You, me dear, should just keep both. They can't force you to move down.
im not being a snob in moving down to standard, i just dont think i need to. however, tell me the truth... would you be embarrassed if you did 3 unit english and moved down to standard for year 12?
i kno standard english is just as challenging, but i like the teacher i have at the moment for advanced and don't like the standard teachers.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Yes, it's all about what YOU want to do. Teachers are just there to help and advise you, but the real choice is up to ourselves.

j-e-s-1

HSC
OMG.. your teacher was just abit little out of line..i cant beleive they said it.. your marks seem fine..and i didnt think teachers where aloud to quote what other teachers say about you.. i would stick to it and and top the class just to get back at the teacher!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)