Anil's Ghost Postmodernism? (1 Viewer)

mattbennett4

HSC
I've just been looking up alot of stuff on Postmodernism... I had a general understanding of it but just thought I'd do a bit more research. It got me wondering...
While Anil's Ghost has the fragmented narrative, the multiple perspectives, the shifts in time and a heap of other Modernist/Postmodernist devices... It seems too serious to be Postmodern. It doesn't really call into question anything about the nature of art, it all stays very much within the bounds of the narrative and doesn't cause the reader to question or second-guess themselves or the author in any way. Or at least, I didn't pick up on any of that while reading (If you did please tell). Should I then be saying that it is a novel with Postmodern influences and devices rather than a completely Postmodern novel?
Compare it to something like The Real Inspector Hound, which does all of these things, it doesn't seem to be in the same league.

Good luck on Tuesday everyone

DRFTMAN

HSC
hello mattbennett4, i have studied Anil's Ghost and im not sure that i share your views or opinions on the text. I find that the comedic element to this text to be very forfilling and in tune with the postmodern setting. I also find the way it looks at art and nature quite inticate and indepth. I for one think you should go with the full postmodern interpretation and just flow with that reading, i found it to be the most valued and appricated form of reading. It is however completely up toyou how to approach this, so good luck on tuesday!!!

SanjoyM

HSC
It can be referred to as 'Postmodernist''- explores the correlation between art, representation and Postcoloniasm etc
I guess it is upto you to formulate your own idea, but I think it definitely postmodernist ideologies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)