Anil's Ghost (1 Viewer)

Es.B

HSC
hey does anyone know of a suitable related text that could link to Anil's Ghost? I have an assessment in the upcoming weeks and I need a related text which will be used with Anil's Ghost in the same response.

smuntz

HSC
what sort of task is it? because we haven't even recieved notification of any yet. is it a comparison of differenent sub-genres? THen you should look for texts that also utilise the theme of returning from afar and then learning truths about yourself and the world around you or the like.

Es.B

HSC
its more of a listening and speaking task. we listen to an extract of Anil's Ghost and answer questions given to us asking us to evaluate and identify techniques used within the extract. then we do a speech asking us to use a related text and the extract we heard from Anil's Ghost to recognise the importance of values and context in creating diversity and appeal of crime fiction. something like that.

smuntz

HSC
Try using an early Agatha Christie when comparing contexts. You have the post- colonial context of Anil's Ghost and the imperial comtext of the pre-ww2 Great Britain.
You can also compare the the heat and intensity of Sri Lanka to the cosy, stiff upper-lip British style of crime fiction.

Es.B

HSC
yeah thanks, i've decided to use Murders On The Orient Express by Agatha Christie =]

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
If I were you, I'd focus on the difference in a western civilisation text and an eastern one, as you see different philosophies and schools of thought espoused in Ondaatje's text and this influences the tale itself. Anil's Ghost is also far more than just a crime text and this comes from the moral complexity of modern society as opposed to the absolutes established by traditional times and literature.

jlnWind

HSC
THANK YOU DAMNATION IF YOUR STILLN READING HERE... omg yes! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)