Animal Farm. (1 Viewer)

4unitfreak

HSC
I'm thinking of doing Animal Farm for Imaginative Journeys but I haven't been able to find many notes or anything on it. What do you guys think about it as a text? Good idea or not? And also, if anyone has notes on it I'd be mighty grateful. :)

zvyx

HSC
many ppl have commented over the suitability of a text to be used.
Case in point - the Harry Potter as a text thread.

We did Animal Farm in year 7, i think to draw parallels with it and context of Russian relationships with other countries specifically Britain; if one of us used it in an internal exam it simply says to the marker that the person hasn't researched his/her options and are reusing a text from past years. Our teachers specifically pointed this out in using T.S. Eliot or other year 11 prelim texts.

That said, as many have remarked, the choice of text alone should not impact on the mark. It's debatable, much like the issue of handwriting size and legibility.

The whole text is an extended metaphor for communism in Russia, so I guess its a good text for imaginative journeys. However it appears you've thought of it, maybe read it once, and are thinking of using it. If there's no other texts that you know better and can relate to imaginative journeys [lets face it, nearly anything can be used for imaginative journeys] then by all means use it, but you've stated yourself that you've been unable to find any notes on it.

Then again, its been two months since you've posted this; you've probably found another text already :p

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
Wow
That is so horrible
Im using both Animal Farm and The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock
As if people studied Animal Farm
and where did TS Eliot come into it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)