Animal Farm (1 Viewer)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
This is one of the best books that I have read for English study. It's much better than Shakespeare. Much better than Jane Austen.

It's short and so cute. Such a easy read as well.

The ending was sad though. But it was funny how it changed to Four legs good, two legs better. lol. I like it how some animals seem so clueless in the novel when it comes to how unequal Napoleon is getting to be.

Best book the English Faculty has given!

bawd

HSC
George Orwell is one of the most revered satirical and political authors of Modern literature. I liked Animal Farm as well as Nineteen-Eighty Four, despite the fact some people in my grade found it so boring (probably because they were forced to study in Year 9).

His work really gets your mind cracking and thinking about the world.

ccc123

HSC
nerdsforever said:
This is one of the best books that I have read for English study. It's much better than Shakespeare. Much better than Jane Austen.

It's short and so cute. Such a easy read as well.

The ending was sad though. But it was funny how it changed to Four legs good, two legs better. lol. I like it how some animals seem so clueless in the novel when it comes to how unequal Napoleon is getting to be.

Best book the English Faculty has given!
Agree.

Orwell ----> awesome :)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i dont think the intention was for it to be 'short and cute'.
EDIT: actually, reading ur last sentence leads me to believe that u dont really understand the deeper meaning.
I was thinking the same thing. If your reading it for face value... then yeah i guess it would be 'cute and short'. But the Russian revolution and Stalin isnt really all that cute :uhoh:. Have you actually studied the novel or have you just read it?

Last edited:

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
some of the nomenclature in there are so blatantly intertextual it'd be hard to not pick up on them, prior knowledge of revolutionary russia or not.

ccc123

HSC
What does it matter whether nerdsforever understands the deeper meaning or not? Sure, I appreciate as an allegorical satire. He may appreciate it for the same reason (but not made that explict) or because she thinks it's 'short and cute'. Although, to nerdsforver: if you didn't know it was a historical allegory by some chance, I personally think doing some research on the Russian revolution and Stalinist dictatorship would make the book even better.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
ccc123 said:
What does it matter whether nerdsforever understands the deeper meaning or not? Sure, I appreciate as an allegorical satire. He may appreciate it for the same reason (but not made that explict) or because she thinks it's 'short and cute'. Although, to nerdsforver: if you didn't know it was a historical allegory by some chance, I personally think doing some research on the Russian revolution and Stalinist dictatorship would make the book even better.
The sad thing is that this is one of the most obvious allegories ever written. That would be my biggest complaint about the book - that it's too obvious - and yet nerdsforever has completely missed that.

AppleNader

HSC
Tulipa said:
I cannot believe you just called Animal Farm "cute".

I hate the world :(
Maybe you're just jealous because you weren't called "cute".

The world also hates you.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
AppleNader said:
Maybe you're just jealous because you weren't called "cute".

The world also hates you.

Squealer is an intriguing character . He's first described as a manipulator and persuader. Orwell narrates, "He could turn black into white." Many critics correlate Squealer with the Pravda, the Russian newspaper of the 1930's and rightly so.

See above.

And don't copy+paste from random websites.

AppleNader

HSC
Tulipa said:

See above.

And don't copy+paste from random websites.

I didn't, you shouldn't edit my posts like that.

You should really get some original thought of your own because it's quite clear that you're way out of your depth.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
AppleNader said:
I didn't, you shouldn't edit my posts like that.

You should really get some original thought of your own because it's quite clear that you're way out of your depth.

And the 08er doesn't make sense again. You edited your post after I posted mine.

Either way, I find it very hard to fathom that a high school student could read Animal Farm and completely miss the everpresent and permeating allegory that really makes the book.

And if they did, wouldn't they question why they had to read it in the first place?

AppleNader

HSC
Tulipa said:

And the 08er doesn't make sense again. You edited your post after I posted mine.

Either way, I find it very hard to fathom that a high school student could read Animal Farm and completely miss the everpresent and permeating allegory that really makes the book.
No I didn't, I called you a filthy ganger but I thought it would be too offensive so I edited it.
I'm pretty sure a lot of high school students can grasp this literary masterpiece better than you ever will be able to.

yes, you are correct about it being odd that someone could miss the underlying communist overtures that really makes the book.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
AppleNader said:
No I didn't, I called you a filthy ganger but I thought it would be too offensive so I edited it.
I'm pretty sure a lot of high shcool students can grasp this literary masterpiece better than you ever will be able to.
Right... Before I put you on Ignore - it's not a masterpiece either.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what nerdsforever thinks about their glaring obliviousness.

AppleNader

HSC
Tulipa said:
Right... Before I put you on Ignore - it's not a masterpiece either.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what nerdsforever thinks about their glaring obliviousness.

Before you put me on ignore, I'd like to say that you're an illiterate whore in addition to being a post whore. You've just about whored this entire thread up. Silly girl. You'll never learn.

Animal Farm isn't a masterpiece? well, newsflash, hun .You're not so crash hot either.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
Since I can write and read as demonstrated by this thread, your argument lacks quite a bit of credibility.

Stop being a hostile teenager. Animal Farm is a brilliant example of allegory but not a literary masterpiece - it's far too blunt as well as bordering on preachy. Stop swallowing what has been gushed about the book and have an original thought about a text.

AppleNader

HSC
This message is hidden because Tulipa is on your ignore list.

You're going to have to get someone to quote your post because I can't read it when you're on my ignore list. ;)

EDIT: I hardly think it was preachy. I think you're the one that's preaching and trying to shove your ridiculous notions down everyone elses throats.
You really need to let it go and allow others to interpret the book as they see it, there's really no point in getting your panties all wet over it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)