• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Animal Science (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just wondering if anyone does B. Animal science at Hawkesbury campus?
Im looking at doing that course for 2006 and would like to know about more about it?
Like how much practical work with animals is in the course?
What type of jobs can you gain by doing this course ?
How are you finding the course?
Is it worth doing and so on?????
Thanks people oxox

alanajane

HSC
Hey! I am doing animal science. I have really enjoyed it so far - i am in second year and we have done heaps of pracs. We went to Featherdale, Bargo Dingo Sanctuary, ummm, a few others. We also have pracs with the animals at uni - we have deer, cows, sheep and horses - we do observation as well as handling. There have also been a lot of lab classes with dissections and micoscope work and stuff - it has been really interesting. We had to do industry experience this year and I went ot a crocdile farm in Darwin -it was awesome! Its been worth it for me. Career direction will really depend on what you are interested in - NPWS, zoos, animal production, wildlife management, companion animals (guide dogs, pets as therapy) and the list goes on - there has been a lot of talk about career options the lecturers are great to talk to about it. anything else you wanted to know?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The baby lambs at Hawkesbury as sooooooo cute!! There was one running along side the car today. So cute!! And the dear and baby cows are cute as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)