• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Animation programme...Help (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I have this vision of creating this animation as part of my VA Major Work, but i am unsure of what to use.

It is intended to be vairly simple, kinda stick figurish, but i mean, i want other things as well, but yeah, so not like realistic animation, it'll probably be in black and white and kinda scratchyish if you know what i mean.

If I can't find a programme I like for it, then i'm thinking i'll do it the oldschool way, Kentridge style, like drawing then taking a photo, then rubbing out and re-drawing slighty different and so on. If I do end up doing it this way, again, what programme would you resommend for putting it all together?

Thanks for your help.

Peace.

Prying Pandora

HSC
Look, I'm not a master of animation techniques but for my past couple I used Stop-Motion Anim. (ie. Pose Characters, take photo, repeat X1,000), however after uploading them to the computer I imported them into "Windows Movie Maker"- it's free, but it's extremely basic and may require tweaking so that it doesn't shut down every two seconds.
I've also heard that "Quicktime Pro" is good but I haven't had experience with it.

Anyways, if you want I could look around and find some other obscure programe. :uhhuh:

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
goss

i was doing exactly what you are doing... i was inspired by kentridges works i went to south africa and went and saw all his works there and over here and so on i had all my ideas and everything ready to go i was gonna go a film of a dream i had and it was going to be freaky with it all stop start anamation with painting drawing and even my self doing stop start anamation...
but then...
i spoke to an art express judge and they told me so many perople try the same thing every year so many films are shown and becausethere are so many you can either go GOOD or BAD... so all my ideas went down in flames... not saying dont do it im just telling you what i was told...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)