Anime Club at USYD?? (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
They're one of the biggest societies on campus, and they have links to the other Anime societies.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
also i heard they have wkly (if not more frequent) anime shows... i am nto a member.. heard twas very expensive... definitely check it out durin o wk...

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
xiao1985 said:
also i heard they have wkly (if not more frequent) anime shows... i am nto a member.. heard twas very expensive... definitely check it out durin o wk...
Expensive??

I read on the site that it was $8 to join... is that wrong??

*confused*

transcendent

HSC
N/A
if you're non-member and watch then you have to keep paying. i think you pay once for membership and can watch for free from then on.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
if you're non-member and watch then you have to keep paying. i think you pay once for membership and can watch for free from then on.
affirmative... most clubs give free access to members (or reduced price at least), cuz they got funding from union, from students, and maybe also from external sponsors =p

Haruka-chan

DDR Star
HSC
heya I'm the club's Publicity Director from last year ^^ So i can give ya some info.

Last year membership was $8 which included FREE access to weekly screenings and the tape library (before you had to pay separately for these things). Not sure of pricing this year but it should be about the same.

As for weekly screenings the format that should be sticking again is showing 2 episodes from 2 different anime on one day of the week and repeating them on another day played in opposite order. This was Tuesday and Wednesday last year. Makes it easier if you have class one day or only want to spend half your lunch watching anime (even tho you can eat in the theatre if you don't make a mess >_<!)

Anyway I'm pretty heavily involved in the club and attend all the meetinsg and such even though i am not an offical exec again this year. Any questions i'd be happy to answer ^^ As for the club being any good....well i suppose you could call me biased but :p I didn't know anyone when i came to Uni. I went to a nigth screening that was held earlier on in the year and met a bunch of people, also on the club's IRC channel (#suanime @ austnet) i met a bunch of people in the club and they taught me to DDR ^_^

So yeah it really made me a lot of friends. There are heaps of social activities to attend too and they aren't all focused on anime, we often have karaoke or eat-outs at places Japanese or not. Plus a whole bunch of other stuff...you can also get discounts at anime related stores with our member card. Anyway i'll stop rambling/plugging now (hey gimme some credit i created the damn account to make one post ^^; ).

Catch ya at O-week ^_- My nick's Haruka-chan, my name's Amanda. I'll be at the club's stall....the one with the short brown hair that get's mistaken for a guy half the time XD Anyway come by and say hi ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)