Anki ?? (1 Viewer)

weekend

HSC
Hi guys!!
I'm in my 4th week of year 12, and I was thinking about starting to use Anki for HSC study.
I feel that I should have solid study notes and then anki cards on top of it, but then I feel that might take up way too much of my time bc note-taking already takes up quite a fair amount of time.... but then again I think I need regular revision and active-recall of the content for subjects like bio and pdhpe. I'm also not really sure if it's worth the $40 bc i've seen some mixed reviews on the app store lol but if anyone has any experience with using anki for HSC subjects it would be greatly appreciated if u could tell me abt your experience? Thank you!! :)

vishnay

God
HSC
Hi guys!!
I'm in my 4th week of year 12, and I was thinking about starting to use Anki for HSC study.
I feel that I should have solid study notes and then anki cards on top of it, but then I feel that might take up way too much of my time bc note-taking already takes up quite a fair amount of time.... but then again I think I need regular revision and active-recall of the content for subjects like bio and pdhpe. I'm also not really sure if it's worth the $40 bc i've seen some mixed reviews on the app store lol but if anyone has any experience with using anki for HSC subjects it would be greatly appreciated if u could tell me abt your experience? Thank you!! :)
anki is free on mac and windows

vishnay

God
HSC
Hi guys!!
also anki has a steep learning curve and imo isnt worth it for yr 12 esp with the negligible amount of content that is taught in hsc subjects

ur much better off making study notes and doing practice questions with targeted revision on areas ur weak at

weekend

HSC
also anki has a steep learning curve and imo isnt worth it for yr 12 esp with the negligible amount of content that is taught in hsc subjects

ur much better off making study notes and doing practice questions with targeted revision on areas ur weak at
thanks for your input 👍👍 i was trying to find a way to make use of the time travelling to and from school to memorise content but i guess i'll just stick to my study notes :) thanks!!

Greninja340

HSC
thanks for your input 👍👍 i was trying to find a way to make use of the time travelling to and from school to memorise content but i guess i'll just stick to my study notes :) thanks!!
yeh i think anki is better for uni where the decks are premade and the content is much greater

Porogamiii

HSC
Personally, I used Anki for my first two topics in my subjects for the HSC but stopped because the reviews became overwhelming. If you do use it, do it for things you need to rote memorise -- quotes/stats/maths formulas (also the image occlusion plugin is great for things like bio diagrams and eco graphs). Try to keep your deck small and avoid overloading it with content. So yeah if I'd gone back I would have used it as complementary to my notes rather than being my notes.

dasfas

HSC
I used active recall and spaced repetition for the HSC and it worked really well (especially for Chemistry and Biology). I highly highly recommend you do this, but make sure you DO YOUR REVIEWS, otherwise there's no point

akhan324

HSC
Hi guys!!
actually recommend remnote and scraping notes and just making flash cards much more effective and i wish i knew that when i started for yr 12. flash cards work wonders i memorised 3 essays within a week with their help

Greninja340

HSC
actually recommend remnote and scraping notes and just making flash cards much more effective and i wish i knew that when i started for yr 12. flash cards work wonders i memorised 3 essays within a week with their help
how did you use flashcards to memorise an essay?

vishnay

God
HSC
i memorised them once properly and then after that i repeated them again and again to the point where it just sticks in my brain hope that helps
in one week?

like did u memorise 3 essays in one week (b4 repetition obv)

weekend

HSC
I used active recall and spaced repetition for the HSC and it worked really well (especially for Chemistry and Biology). I highly highly recommend you do this, but make sure you DO YOUR REVIEWS, otherwise there's no point
thank you!! im sorry but could u pls clarify what u mean by reviews??

weekend

HSC
thank you! do u have any tips on making flash cards effective??

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
I mean, I also take 2hrs in total per weekday in travel time and need something other than podcasts and music, so I just flashcards for Eco and some aspects of Chem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)