Anki ?? (1 Viewer)

imaiyuki

HSC
here's my two cents

i loooooooooove anki, there is a learning curve but you really don't need to learn much to get started and start benefitting straight away
as for the alternatives like memrise, yes they are more padded and the user interface is nicer to look at but anki is just so much more customisable and there are countless add-ons to make your experiences better

actually, i used to use memrise from about midway through y7 to midway y8 for language learning, but then wizjaro introduced me to anki and that literally changed my life ... according to the analytics page it says i've reviewed well over 200k cards by this point, and it's saved me countless times whether it be for commerce, languages or even english. memrise/quizlet is by no means bad, but anki is just much more efficient and powerful

imo the only drawback is that using anki requires motivation which can be a scarce commodity at times, and its easy to lose focus and let the reviews pile up and then spiral into a SRS debt just like in real life, but if you can muster up the courage to review each day, then the benefits are realllllllly fruity

i think if you're already thinking of trying anki, even at this time in y12, it's never too late to learn!

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
ye pretty sure there's an anki app on phone so you can revise on the go. It helped me memorise a lot of content. quite underrated

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
If its fourty dollars for you then yeah I wouldn't get it. I would just make my own flashcards or try to memorise them off the book directly.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
wattt how did u download it for free? when did u download it?
The app is "AnkiDroid". Just checked, works perfectly fine, no ads and anything. Literally the same features as laptop.

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
*Brainscape has entered the chat*

(iPhone Users) Ever thought... "Why pay $40 for a flashcard app when you can download it for free?"
That's not even a question if you stick with Brainscape since it's anki + quizlet :O
Try it out, it's got spaced repetition and did a whole user interface change just recently which makes it a top-tier flashcard platform.

Someone point out any flaws with Brainscape, (not that anki is better, negatives...) genuinely interested ngl.

*Brainscape has left the chat*

jacksonsteele

HSC
Hi guys!!
I'm in my 4th week of year 12, and I was thinking about starting to use Anki for HSC study.
I feel that I should have solid study notes and then anki cards on top of it, but then I feel that might take up way too much of my time bc note-taking already takes up quite a fair amount of time.... but then again I think I need regular revision and active-recall of the content for subjects like bio and pdhpe. I'm also not really sure if it's worth the $40 bc i've seen some mixed reviews on the app store lol but if anyone has any experience with using anki for HSC subjects it would be greatly appreciated if u could tell me abt your experience? Thank you!! :)
Hey! I'm in the same situation as you, just started year 12 and have been using Anki this term and it is absolutely amazing. I like to do my reviews at the start of my day or at the end, as its a simple thing to do and really beneficial. Doing it at the start means you won't push it off or have to postpone it if things pop up. I have been using it for PDHPE which has been working amazing and am about to use it fo CAFS as well. I will probably use it for English to help memorise quotes and language techniques when the time comes.

Just make sure to keep making cards as you go and learn new content or else it stacks up and it takes a heck of a long time to make them across all your topics.

The cloze passage feature is also amazing for content that may not work great with a flashcard, and instead you just fill in the words in the sentence, which has really helped me.

I also recommend not overloading your Anki with decks, or at least stack them, so you can study a variety of content at once, if you want to study specific aspects of the content, tags are a great way to do that.

I recommend looking at a YouTube video or two just to get some helpful tips and give you a good starting point, a heap of medschool people make these videos and although we aren't in med school they have heaps of tricks to boost your Anki learning! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)