Anna's story (1 Viewer)

Ploop

I finally manage to get myself the book, Anna's Story by Bronwyn Donaghy. I must say that prior to reading this, my expectations were quite high (after this book was discussed in some drug thread. Yes i know this is stupid) and now that ive finally read it, it isnt as good as i thought.

The novel is full of facts on why drugs are bad, which is something you dont expect when buying a novel.

Anyone wanna flame me go ahead. It dont matter to me as im illiterate anyways, so i wont be able to read your replies.

Ploop

dymocks in the city, didnt have any copies so i had to get them to order it for me. took ages, i think nearly a month. they claimed it was too old, which was why they didnt have any stock. but i bet they have all those old school fabio stuff.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I enjoyed it and thought it was such a sad story. She was only 15, being 18 now I think that's so young.

And I think that because alot of teenagers read it, having facts about drugs and it's consequences is a GOOD thing not a bad.

I read it virtually as soon as it came out...(date??) and it was pretty shocking and informative, enough to strenghten my desire to stay the fuck away from drugs. A couple of my friends have done Ecstacy and i think they are fucking stupid for that. If they had read the book i doubt that they would consider doing E's

Ploop

the book was written in 95 i think,a month or so after the death...
yeah its kinda changed my perspective of eccies. but most of the facts for lsd i kinda knew already

astro

HSC
it's a good book as it shows the dangers of drugs (even though ppl should already) and that it can happen to the girl with a loving family

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
i liked the book..i thought it was really informative, in a non preaching way. we actually had the mother (i have forgotten her name!) come in and speak to us about the book..

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
cool! yeah Ive read the book.. Its probably the only book ive ever read... I dont read... EVER! but this one was pretty cool in that it was a true story and it showed real events etc.... no drugs for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)