Anne Hutchinson- Bad Idea? (1 Viewer)

bondal

HSC
I'm thinking of doing Anne Hutchinson and i was wondering whether any of you more experienced extension historians think that this is a bad idea due to whatever reason. i'd love to know your thoughts, cheers.

veridis

droog
HSC
well theres a topic sure to win the obscurity stakes handsdown. i have a vaugue reccolectin of a yank preacher chick from 1700's or so. references to jezebel with her anti establishmentand pro-feminist teachings. am i thinking of the right person? as long as you can find some good sources it should be fine. good space for controversy /discussion there. realy good topic too as it seems like one you can realy get into making research alot less tedious

bondal

HSC
I was thinking of doing her in relation to the antinomian/puritan controversy. The debate is mainly between modern historians. I can't find any historians from the actual time though - does that matter?

veridis

droog
HSC
only problem i can see with using just modern sources is that most of them will have similar methodology. even if their methods do vary a bit it'l prob be hidden yb the polarising effects of topics such as religion. but if you can find saources where you can get soem historiography in there it should be a great topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)