anotha trig proof (1 Viewer)

Sylfiphy

HSC
Ugh guys I literally want to kms becos I need to move up in Dr du except I can’t even prove any of the Questions on the hw 😭😭

BJT how do I prove that
cos35+cos45+cos+75+cos85 = 2cos5cos20

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Ugh guys I literally want to kms becos I need to move up in Dr du except I can’t even prove any of the Questions on the hw 😭😭

BJT how do I prove that
use the sums to product identity. factorise the 2cos5 out and again use prod. to sums. and u got ur rhs.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC

BJT how do I prove that
I think just you should not stress about it so much, because therein lies your problem. Once you perceive this notion of 'oh dr du is testing uni level maffs- oh I'm definately getting a mystery mark'- you'd automatically overthink, muddle up formulas, etc. You got this dude. But dr du can only help u so much. The rest is up to u and how you apply your knowledge. For your foundations to build, your mindset also has to be clear. Stress inhibits this

Sylfiphy

HSC
I think just you should not stress about it so much, because therein lies your problem. Once you perceive this notion of 'oh dr du is testing uni level maffs- oh I'm definately getting a mystery mark'- you'd automatically overthink, muddle up formulas, etc. You got this dude. But dr du can only help u so much. The rest is up to u and how you apply your knowledge. For your foundations to build, your mindset also has to be clear. Stress inhibits this
I know This isn't the end of the world but I really have to move up because they skip a lot of topics for the b class because they're trying to get us ahead and I have so many gaps in my knowledge because of that πŸ₯²

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
I know This isn't the end of the world but I really have to move up because they skip a lot of topics for the b class because they're trying to get us ahead and I have so many gaps in my knowledge because of that πŸ₯²
image.jpg
Wayyyy too much working on here but ig might give u an idea where ur working might have screwed up

Luukas.2

HSC

BJT how do I prove that
The solution has been posted, but on the strategy / approach front, looking at the result gives a few clues:
  • first, you start with sums and end up with a product, which suggests the sums-to-products formulae
  • second, the terms will need to be taken in pairs, so which of the three possible pairings do you want?
    • since these formulae involve half the sum and difference, they will yield:
      • 1st and 2nd // 3rd and 4th yield (35 + 45) / 2 = 40o and (45 - 35) / 2 = 5o // (75 + 85) / 2 = 80o and (85 - 75) / 2 = 5o
      • 1st and 3rd // 2nd and 4th yield 55o and 20o // 65o and 20o
      • 1st and 4th // 2nd and 3rd yield 60o and 25o // 60o and 15o
    • noting that the goal has a 5o term, pairing in the order written (with the 10o differences) appears the most promising route
    • this first pairing results in a new form wit angles of 40 and 80 degrees, which will further combine to 60 degrees (known values) and the 20 degrees in the question
  • The second pairing will also work, as it yields the desired 20 degree angle and a pair with a 10 degree difference...
  • As will the third pairing...
  • Hence, the strategic question becomes which path is the most obvious to you and / or which is the quickest to use / write out?​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)