Another Christmas pressie help thread. (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Ok, so here's the situation:

It's almost christmas and i want to buy a present for my older brother's girlfriend. I've got my siblings all figured out, just not her...
i) She doesnt wear much jewellery so i would prefer to opt away from that.
ii) She reads books but most are by her favourite author, Bryce courtenay and my younger brother, sister and i bought her his newest book for her birthday last week.
iii) I dont want anything that could carry any sort of potentially percievable romantic interpretation
iv) i considered getting her a handbag but my older brother got her a new one for for her most recent birthday.
v) i considered perfume but it's difficult to choose for another person (particularly when i'm not usually around her when she is wearing it) and also because i feel it clashes a little with point (iii).
vi) my mum bought her some moisturiser and a concert ticket for her bithday so i think i will avoid the skincare area and concert tickets are too expensive for me anyway.

So i have between $20 and $60 ideally, but i may go higher if it is a good idea.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PS: i realise i have basically wiped out the most common female presents :eek:

EDIT: currently 8 views and no replies...i know it's a toughy but please help!

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
If you want to get her a book you could try a cookbook (everyone loves to cook), a coffee table book (the postsecret book, the blue day book etc) or a classic of some sort (that could apply for DVDs as well).

HSC
N/A
Borders Voucher, ColesMyer Voucher. Movie tickets/vouchers also sound cool. :)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
one of my bf's mates got me a body shop gift basket for my bday, it was really nice (i'm pretty close to him)
then again, body shop stuff is expensive

gift vouchers are good, but can say "i know you'll like this sorta stuff, but i dont have a clue what to get you"

talk to your brother and see what ideas you can get from that

Skeeta

HSC
dvd box sets are usually good/easy. Pick her favourite show, and buy her a season of it :)

I've SO been using that one to death.. but its so.. PERFECT

Plus, if its a long-running show (like friends/sex+the city).. you have presents for the next 15 years sorted :eek:

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Oh, I've had enough scented candles and useless knick-knacks to last me a lifetime. I'd steer clear. What do you do with that stuff, anyway? I vote DVDs of her favourite show/something good she hasn't seen before, music or a voucher if you're desperate.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Santa Brogan said:
Get her like a little statue of something.

Like a lion or tiger.

I saw all these little cheap sculptures/statues when I went chrissy shopping yesterday...i nearly bought some cos they were kewl.

EDIT: Or like those little crystal statue things, they're cool. ya know, they're crystal and they're everywhere, are they cheap?

EDIT2: Or like a cheap little bonsai thing/small cheap pretty plant

EDIT3: Or like one of those crystaly dream catcher things which you hang up and the light hits it and it goes or sparkely

EDIT4: Or like an awesome scented candle with like sex invigorational properties.

EDIT5: Or combinations of the above.
thanks for the ideas santa ash...i shall be scabbing some for my bf & mates :p

HSC
Santa Brogan said:
As if she deserves anything stunningly good...i mean, cmon he'll probably break up with her by Christmas.
negative. they probably will be getting engaged some time in the near future.

thanks for the ideas everyone. the movie voucher idea also doesnt work because of the fact that i work at a cinema and get them in for free anyways.

I like ur idea skeeta, she's a big McCleods daughters fan so i might go with that if i dont find something better.

sallen

HSC
Buy her a voucher for a book place so she can pck her own

alby

cool duckie
HSC
only thing with that sort of stuff (gift vouchers in general) is that you have to make sure that it doesnt come across as a "i couldnt find anything good to get you, so here, get something yourself" sort of pressie (which's almost as bad as giving people money)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
omg your brother's gf, sounds like mine! I still have NFI wat to buy for her. Lucky for me, she likes Lonsdale and I work at a Sports store. But she's still very fussy with style of tops, colours, etc.

My mum always has troubles buying for my bro's gf, so this year she's decided to give her movie vouchers and chocolate from darrel lea. My bro n his gf love going to the movies, and seriously, what girl says no to chocolate? lol

I don't think giving a voucher says, "i have no idea what to buy for you". I would much rather a voucher than an item of clothing I hate n will never wear, or perfume, or anything for that matter.

These days when people ask me what I want for chrissy/bdays, i just say "a voucher thanks". You can buy whatever you want with it!

Skeeta

HSC
man this whole "other" family thing is making me hate christmas. Seriously..

My boyfriend has two brothers, both of whom have girlfriends, a dog, and his mum and dad.

I am expected to buy present for EVERYONE.
Every year for the past four years, i have spent more money on his family than mine, and it fucking annoys me. His brothers girlfriends work full time - so they dont CARE about spending a few hundred dollars on christmas presents. but GUESS WHAT?

I do.

Whats worse is that i explained my situation. And proposed a chris cringle/secret santa. That way we get one decent present instead of 7 shitty ones, AND we spend less money. BUT NOOOOOO...

Stupid brats want lots of presents. We're NOT five years old for gods sake!

Oh man at this rate no-one is getting ANYTHING

/rant

p.s. Christmas is usually my favourite time of year :(

HSC
i usually love buying presents for everyone and seeing their reaction when they open them, but this year i'm not enjoying it at all so far because i can't think what to get people.

Furthermore, the idea i had for my older brother just fell through so i now need to find something for him also.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
does she have any hobbies? coz you could get her something related to that... ummm... movie vouchers...er, gym membership? vouchers for like facials or hair treatments or whatever? chocolate? a picture or like a framed poster of someone or something she's really into? snowglobe? lol this is really hard...does she play any instruments, you could get her, i dont know, a new case or reed or something...or if she's artistic a set of paintbrushes maybe... oooh dvd box sets are good as skeeta said...ask your brother what she likes, he must have some idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)