Another Greenday tour. (1 Viewer)

slip

HSC
music has been about money since rock n roll began and probably before. i mean the artists before that played for a love of music and had to hold down jobs the rest of the time, which is what most local bands do these days. the love of music is not gone in bands.

all bands begin because they love music, and making money from it allows them to be full time musicians. 99% of musicians start for the love of music, and id say the great majority continue making music because they love it not because they get rich off it.

and while what you say about politics and music is true. your comparing individual artists who were very articulate about there views to a genre that was basically define as social rebellion, and these days its not even social rebellion, its just another musical style. in other words punk 1970s has a different meaning to punk 1990 and even punk 2000s

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Like i said, music is about $$$ nowdays.

slip

HSC
the point i just made was that music is not totaly about $$$ these days. music these days gives artists a chance to make a living from doing somethign they love, which is a great thing for them. very very few musicians actually make money from it. 99% of musicians lose money from there passion, ie they play music and spend more money on gear then they recieve for gigs that they do.

no musician could really make it unless they began with the love, passion and commitment to develope there skills to such a level, and if they make money out of it i wont begrudge that. i mean music is an escape for so many people and gives so much joy to people, id rather people get money for providing that then people getting money for exploiting poor 3rd world country.

basically i believe that 99% of famous musicians do it because they love the music and that the money is a bonus for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)