• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Another law dropout >.< (1 Viewer)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I'm currently studying accounting/law at Macq, starting with Law115. People further into the degree go on about how 'it gets better' and 'everybody feels lost'. wbu?
I'm studying Accounting/Law as well. It hasn't been too bad, mind you, as a transfer we had to study 3 law subjects in my first every law semester (Contracts 1, Public Law and Foundations of Law). Some of my other friends took up Criminal Law 1 as well.

As previous posters have stated, stick with it for a while longer. You never know, you might come to enjoy law as you progress; I know I certainly have. Foundations of Law is boring at times due to the historical component, but you realise how useful it is, and the relevance of the law in every day situations.

I can honestly say that I prefer Law rather than Commerce. Commerce is so bland, boring, even to the extent that it's useless at times. But you will come to realise that it also overlaps with what you study in your legal subjects (esp. with Ethics, Legislation and etc).

HANG IN THERE YOUNG LAWYER :D :hammer:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not learned enough to know that. I just knew that law would(or should) be synonymous to justice and that I could make 'a difference'. I had considered family law or possibly a branch of law which would improve circumstances for the disabled(does that exist??)Despite this, I'm known for giving up when things get hard
If you want to make a difference, go out and do it now. Studying law isn't going to get you there and for the record, being a paper shuffler for the first five years of your working career, isn't going to do anything for justice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)