ANOTHER Ms-DOS question ... (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Ok, I ... got this file which is 180mb in size and labelled as "Heroes of Might and Magic IV_The gathering storm expansion_US version_bin.exe" ... I renamed it to TGS.exe

When I try to open it I get the following dum-arsed message: see attachment. Now I have two files as seen one with the original title (and now with the DOS label) and one with the renamed thing and no little picture. Both brings the error screen (same as the one from before).

When I useDOSbox and try to open it it seems to accept it for a second before closing down DOSbox....

ANyone know what the heck is going on here? This is a recent program and should have nothing to do with DOS, right?

Ac

Last edited:

scruffy012

HSC
yeah i get that bastard message too..... but its only when dos programs are used, so with me using xp there goes any games before 2000 realistically, which gives me the shits, cuz ive got some good ones. but i dunno how to clear it on XP i used to know how to bypass it with Liero on Win2000 but that was a while ago.

soz about the no helper + poss. spam hehe

scruffy

scruffy012

HSC
ive just relised my problem and maybe its possible that this ecxplianation my be of some help. XP (thats if yr using it) uses 32-Bit 'MS-Dos' Subsystem (possibly very wrong as i orignally thought that MS backed off dos but u never know) and its possibly incompatible with the 16-Bit subsystem, im not good enough to tell you how to tweak it but soon someone my be able to help to beat that problem

scruffy

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I got that message but it was when I was installing Windows XP. It said regsvr32.exe and another file was not suitable for it. That bloody message seems to make no sense.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Try creating a shortcut, going to it's properties, then going to compatability and setting it to Win95/98/ME compatability. It hasn't worked a huge number of times, but it got Transport Tycoon Deluxe working for me.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I am using XP for the record ... is that a good idea? Let me try ...

... Nop :(

Ac

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
not sure if this is helpful at all, but when I use DOS programs, I right click on it, go to compatibility, and set it so it runs in compatibilty mode for windows 95...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)