Another Pacific Islander news: Family laughed as toddler spun in dryer (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
A TODDLER was put in a tumble dryer, spun on a clothesline and kicked in the head before she died, a court has been told.

A court in the New Zealand central North Island today began hearing arguments at the trial of five people facing charges over three-year-old Nia Glassie's death.

Those charged include Nia's mother Lisa Kuka, 35, her former partner Wiremu Curtis, 19, and 22-year-old brother Michael, Michael's partner Oriwa Kemp, 18, and Lisa's nephew Michael Pearson, aged 20.

The incident prompted outrage in New Zealand when the little girl died on August 3 last year after being admitted to hospital.

It later emerged that her family, who were celebrating a 21st birthday in the city of Rotorua, allegedly waited 36 hours after the toddler lapsed into a coma before taking her to hospital.

Crown prosecutor Fletcher Pilditch told the Rotorua High Court today that Nia was twice spun on a clothesline during a long period of abuse that lasted weeks, possibly months.

He alleged Nia was forced into a tumble dryer before the door was shut and the appliance turned on, while people stood around laughing.

The prosecutor alleged that on July 20 last year the Curtis brothers kicked Nia in the head, ultimately ending her life.

Wiremu Curtis, facing eight charges including murder, and Ms Kemp, who has five charges including manslaughter, have pleaded guilty to assaulting and wilfully ill-treating Nia and two other children, but not guilty to the more serious charges.

Mr Pearson has also denied a charge of manslaughter.

William Curtis, the father of the Curtis brothers, also faces charges for the alleged abuse of Nia but over an earlier alleged incident.

No trial date has been set for him.

The trial continues.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24530377-401,00.html
What good parents, and very intelligent of them for doing that. :rolleyes:

mattchis

HSC
Ah yes, clever arnt they?
Like seriously, cant you people see the clothes dryer was used to CLEAN the baby? and the boot to the head was simply a mistake confusing the child for a ball?

HSC
mattchis said:
Ah yes, clever arnt they?
Like seriously, cant you people see the clothes dryer was used to CLEAN the baby? and the boot to the head was simply a mistake confusing the child for a ball?
Obviously. I mean, dryers should be used to clean all toddlers.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
In two years at university, I have not seen one Islander in class etc.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Oh god, funny story, when i was little i had a babysitter cause mum was working, and the babysitter had a young daughter about my age. One day the babysitter had opened the dryer while it was still going, so if you closed the door it would start again. she left the laundry and i convinced her daughter (we were about 3 at the time) to climb in, and she did, and i shut the door. haha it did about 5 spins then burnt out haha
i remember laughing too.
am i as bad as them?

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Darnie said:
Oh god, funny story, when i was little i had a babysitter cause mum was working, and the babysitter had a young daughter about my age. One day the babysitter had opened the dryer while it was still going, so if you closed the door it would start again. she left the laundry and i convinced her daughter (we were about 3 at the time) to climb in, and she did, and i shut the door. haha it did about 5 spins then burnt out haha
i remember laughing too.
am i as bad as them?
You're fucking horrible, go play in traffic now!

Zrap

glock9
HSC
He alleged Nia was forced into a tumble dryer before the door was shut and the appliance turned on, while people stood around laughing.
YOU ARE THE SAME!
Darnie said:
i was three, and she climbed in there herself.
i did it for the lulz really lol

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
In two years at university, I have not seen one Islander in class etc.
lol. just imagine if you did see one? i bet that individual would be the messiah of the FOB community. ROFLMAO!

Supaman92

HSC
Thats fucking sick, i really don't understand how a normal human being can do such a thing,
and to all the previous posts who were joking about this incident, A BABY WAS KILLED, thats not something to joke about, morons

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Supaman92 said:
Thats fucking sick, i really don't understand how a normal human being can do such a thing,
and to all the previous posts who were joking about this incident, A BABY WAS KILLED, thats not something to joke about, morons
what's funnier than a dead baby?

A dead baby in a clown costume!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)