Another PIP Title help thread.. (1 Viewer)

kalen

Hi
HSC
Sorry to annoy, I realise that some people believe a "PIP Title" is unnecessary but if possible I would like to have one, so if you can help and have some thoughts, let me know - otherwise close this thread, I don't need to read another "You don't need a 'PIP Title' comment" ;)..

Anyway my PIP is about stereotypes/subcultures but is focused solely on the "Goth" stereotype/subculture and clarifying the difference in stereotype to the reality.. if you have ANY thoughts on a title please post it below, no name too ridiculous.

Kulazzi

HSC
Sorry, I can't think of any title but what you can do is what you found out in the PIP about the stereotyping of Goth, use as your title, or twist the words around or something.

So what is the stereotypical view of a Goth?

shagz_04

Hey,
i just did a yahoo search on 'gothic', and it came up with
-'gothoholics'
-'Tales from the graveyard'
-'Devil's Elixir'

kalen

Hi
HSC
Thanks for the ideas guys - very much appreciated.. I think I am going with "Goth: An anti-social death wish? Or An adolescent non-conformist fashion statement?".. comparing the reality from my research as it seems (that "Goth" is mostly the exterior factor ie: Clothing - for who asked) and the stereotype..

Skitzo

HSC
Since this seems like the thread to ask for assistance on titles, here it goes.
Titles l was considering:
'A panorama of pessimism'
'Help or Hoax'
'Sacrifice or Sacrilidge'
'Sado-masochistic suicide'
'Living, but not'
'Effectivity questioned'
'Juvenile wiles'
'Issues'
'To be or not to be, living'
'to be or not to be'

NB: oh yeah, and l bet youse are kind of wondering what the subject matter is, well to make sense out of the prior waffle l will let the cat out of the bag and state that my topic is, bah, bah, bahhhhhh ..... Suicide. Yeah its probably been done to death in many ways, but from this angle l'm hoping to do what no one has done before ... walk on the sun, nah seriously my approach is a wise one. Nothing else mattered to me, this motivated me, inspired me and well for the greater good of humanity l think that it will motivate many to become alot more aware of the numerous problems Society as a whole is facing!

So yeah which title would be best, which one stays embeded within your brain?

Last edited:

MeGaN:)

pip title (sorry!!!!!)

Sorry to ask about PIP titles again, i know it is annoying and everyone is having trouble, but i really cant figure it out!!!!
my topic is "Pressures the media places on female adolescents to conform to standards of beauty, and how this pressure has changed over 3 generations"
I have thought of many, including "mirror Mirror" etc, but none seem to quite sum up my PIP. n e ideas? please help!!!!!
thanks!!!

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Skitzo said:
Since this seems like the thread to ask for assistance on titles, here it goes.
Titles l was considering:
'A panorama of pessimism'
'Help or Hoax'
'Sacrifice or Sacrilidge'
'Sado-masochistic suicide'
'Living, but not'
'Effectivity questioned'
'Juvenile wiles'
'Issues'

'to be or not to be'

NB: oh yeah, and l bet youse are kind of wondering what the subject matter is, well to make sense out of the prior waffle l will let the cat out of the bag and state that my topic is, bah, bah, bahhhhhh ..... Suicide. Yeah its probably been done to death in many ways, but from this angle l'm hoping to do what no one has done before ... walk on the sun, nah seriously my approach is a wise one. Nothing else mattered to me, this motivated me, inspired me and well for the greater good of humanity l think that it will motivate many to become alot more aware of the numerous problems Society as a whole is facing!

So yeah which title would be best, which one stays embeded within your brain?

I like this title : 'To be or not to be, living'
BTW if you want to know a lot more insight on suicide (which is a no no PIP topic in the first place), do a search on Googlegroups for suicide discussion groups, they are scary and in your face...but pretty useful for info.

BronwynKate

HSC
Possible titles for a PIP focused on suicide

I like

"Living but not"

and

"Juvenile Wiles".

Probably the second better.

I would be interested to know why you shouldn't do suicide?

Done to Death would be a first choice for a suicide topic. Yes, go in and use the title!

Last edited:

BronwynKate

HSC
For Megan: "beautiful titles"

Unravelling Australian Beauty is one I can think of for just now.

Or Dress You Up after the Madonna song of the same name.

Pretty Ugly would be a good one as it captures the ambivalence the girls must be feeling to conform to fashion and yet be themselves.

BronwynKate

HSC
Goths and Sociality

Goth: Behind the Robes would be a terrific title.

On the grounds that when I think of Goths they are wearing black robes like in Harry Potter.

carzz

HSC
Yea also sorry to be a pain, and i am willing to make usggestions for other pip titles, but i cant think of a catchy one for mine. its on leadership, and whether power and authority figures are so by nature or nurture

Helpppp

PS
6 months till its all over:D

PPS
catchy titles are necessary, it makes the marker more interested in reading it. My teacher is an HSC marker and he told us this himself

BronwynKate

HSC
To the Leader Born?

Grown or Thrown? (this is a comment on nature versus nurture and will almost certainly make your marker smile).

le3le3

HSC
hey i need help with my main P.I.P title, thought of good titles for all the chapters and the conclusion but want a catchy main one. my question is 'Is the rate involving incidents of domestic violence decreasing'

im stuck:S
ne ideas let me know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)