another Q (1 Viewer)

C

coca cola

i posted this in the other thread but i don't think many people sees it so, i really need some help with this.

use:
ab+bc+ca <= a^2 + b^2 + c^2

show:
(bc)^2 + (ac)^2 + (ab)^2 <= bc(a)^2 + ac(b)^2 + ab(c)^2

can you just times each terms individually like that, if you know what i mean? this does not seem obvious to me, any explaination of why?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

coca cola

why can't i get it to work? did you type it wrong or did i not read it correctly.

can some one do this for me please.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

coca cola

some help please, im not very good at this inequalities.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm... not sure wut u meant there, but i think RTP >= not <=...

here's my soln...

C

coca cola

ahh thanks xiao. yeah it was the other way, the edit option seems to be a little odd, it does not edit properly.

how would you know how to do that though? by intuition or do you already know it from a book, because i can never see that kind of solution without some sought of hint.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
coca cola said:
ahh thanks xiao. yeah it was the other way, the edit option seems to be a little odd, it does not edit properly.

how would you know how to do that though? by intuition or do you already know it from a book, because i can never see that kind of solution without some sought of hint.
well for ineqlty, u need to manipulate the pronumerals abit... learn to play around with it, and try out different things... usually u'd go down the right track... if u dont', then i'd usually start from stratch and go down a different direction...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)