another question sorry (1 Viewer)

xsavagex

HSC
I'm doing B Commerce, if i wanted to transfer into B Commerce/B Laws next year or whatever what grades/GPA would i need to get to get in? thankss

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i knew a guy once who transferred into law.. with a 2.2 gpa or something really low-ish. it might have been 2.8 i can't remember but i remeber it being really low and being really surprised that he made it in.

this was 4.5 years ago lol

xsavagex

HSC
^Thanks so much.

So atm i should prob do Law 114 and law 103/104 as electives?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
General advice they give is that while there may be years where people do get in with low GPAs, in most cases 3.5 + GPA is competitive.

Also you can't do LAW subjects without being in the degree itself or have had approval to do those subjects as part of the transfer.

The transfer if i remember correctly, is actually a 2 step process:

Apply for transfer into law,

Then complete the LAW units, once you pass that, then you get into the LLB program.

Last edited:

xsavagex

HSC
oh ok thanks for that.

So a 3.5 GPA is averaging D's is it? or D's and HD's

kevinant

HSC
GPA of 3.5 is something between CR and D average..
Come on, first year commerce subject such as ACST101, ECON110 and ECON111 are easy to get D and HD as long as you don't slack off, so a GPA of 2.xx is definitely not a problem... But i remember that you need to do some law unit to transfer into law? Basically you can enrol in any unit you like so you should be able to enrol in that subject, I'm not doing law so I don't know the difficulty of law subjects.

xsavagex

HSC
^I'm not doing any of those subjects. I'm doing mktg 203, mktg 208, psy104 and dem127 (im majoring in mktng + organisational behaviour). This is because i've done a year at a different uni :)

I'm not entirely sure if i want to transfer into law/comm but i wanted to find out what the requirements were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)