Another question! (1 Viewer)

swordfish

ok, well now i have another question! One of the dot points in the information systems section says that you need to detail some properties of visible light, microwaves and radio (TV, FM, AM) waves and relate these to their use in communication systems. So what are some properties? i would appreciate suggestions! Thanx!

doma

rite...
HSC
i have to go back to my book and revise on this but some waves travel in straight lines, while others fan out thier signals.

and some waves penetrate/reflect off different levels of the atmosphere.

L

lucky

think about it man...

nearly all EMR has the same properties... can be reflected,absorbed... shit like that...

the hard part to the dot point (not that hard really) is where it is used in communication..

visible light ==> optical fibres
microwaves ==> satellite communication
infared ==> tv remotes

see.. it aint that hard..

swordfish

but doesnt it mean that you have to give some special properties of each one, like AM waves can diffract around hills, and stuff like that? cause one of the other dot points says to name the properties of EM waves in general, including travelling at the speed of light etc. So i think this one's different.

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Umm, yes, you need to be able to differentiate between all the different forms.

I'll see if I can post a table from my trial... later.

*yay 100 posts*

swordfish

thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou
oh and congrats on the 100 posts....i think im only up to 19
How is ur study going?

xGSiR

Hmm today is the 12th, so we have 15 days until the HSC Exam. Im think im doing well. Im trying to answer go through the 2001 & 02 paper. As well checking up the syllabus.

Karlee

Originally posted by doma
i have to go back to my book and revise on this but some waves travel in straight lines, while others fan out thier signals.

and some waves penetrate/reflect off different levels of the atmosphere.
I might be wrong, but i thought all EM waves travel in straight lines. I think you're right about some waves reflect off atmospheric layers more than others do, such as AM, which tends to get absorbed into the atmosphere.

hazza

properties of the different waves, am and fm, is fuckin easy. Am = amplitude moderated, FM = frequency moderated. So the amplitude of the wave is how am works and frequency is how fm works.

Properties of AM waves = generall not stero, has a better signal strength but a higher rate of noise.

TV = Fm waves i fink...

FM = better reception, better sound quality, doesnt travel as far as am, less rate of noise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)