• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Another UAI predicting thingy (1 Viewer)

rocafella32

HSC
Hey watsup people....
I got my umat scores back today(255) and im stoked because this makes my goal of getting into med/dent a possibility...but this probabilitys screwed if my UAI's gonna be under 90..what do ya all reckon im gonna hit???
RANKS--and remember i go to a top 20 school
Eng Ad- 76% 98/161
Ext Hist - 85% 5/12
Bio- 61.5 35/48
Ancient Hist- 72% 22/34
2U M 65% 98/128
3U M 44% 72/80 (DW, I ALLOW YOU TO POINT AND LAUGH)
Snr Sci- 65% 38/45

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Ignore the first reply, he's on crack... I reckon mid 80s-low 90s, but if you study well you can pull that estimate up!

rocafella32

HSC
yo thanks dagwoman...youve given me a thing i havent had for agessss...motivation....but seriously i would happy with anything over 90

Last edited:

michaeln36

HSC
currently - mid 80's
with some extra effort and study 90 is very achievable, since ur at a top 20 school.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Hey, I'm glad I could help. It's nice to hear another year 12 gaining some well-needed motivation. I'm getting there :)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
sorry to be a crusher of hopes but i doubt you will get over 80..
i think more likely 65-70

you see because the UAI is a ranking system and the majority of the state gets in the 60s, last year the majority of students (well at least i know this happened at my school) who got marks around the 60 - 75 range all got hugely scaled down because they had to be ranked against everyone else in the state..

im not sure how much the fact that you go to a top 20 will affect the scaling of your marks.

i dont say this to crush confidence, i just know how many people were so happy with their hsc marks and then so disppointed with their UAI.

Last edited:
HSC
y are some people so scared to give a simple honest prediction. if u keep predicting UAI's of over 80-90 for those who have lower ranks or marks, it'll put their hopes up and in the end, they'll just be disappointed with themselves. nonetheless, giving honest predictions may also motivate them in a way.

rocafella32

HSC
hey thanks for the replys guys...but im still positive cause even I ( the biggest pessimist) know that something like 65-80 is only achievable if i get majorly smashed/stoned before the hsc and walk in and draw little birdies on my papers...im only saying this causes of the precedent from my school where app. (hmmm) 75% get over 85...and one of my mates from last year was far worse off, but still ended up with something like 85...but still wierderr things have happened so i guess i still got to study...
...and (again) cheers to any who replied

hutchenc88

HSC
If I were you, forget about precedent and any other history or trends at your school, its all down to you, just because your friend got lucky doesn't mean you will, one could go to the the number one ranked school or what ever and still absolutely fuck it up, if you want to get into the 90s in your uai stop kidding your self on this fucking site and go study, then you will achieve what you want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)